The Official Work Pictures Thread

7CFAC8D7-AE8B-44C9-BDF3-3D9CFBB06129.jpg
Big ole silver maple today. Really wasn’t to bad, just a lot for three of us to deal with. Really it went better than planned. Could’ve been that our traffic control guys did awesome. Put word in to their boss requesting the same two guys for three days next week.
It was a good day

Attachments

• DD7B9CF7-4B30-4006-A480-8B6BAC5BC2F6.jpg
    DD7B9CF7-4B30-4006-A480-8B6BAC5BC2F6.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 44
West coast, Vancouver island

That pretty much says it all.

Rich, Nice load of logs,. It amazes me you high-ball gents don't have either a log truck or a crane. F'g around putting those pigs on a trailer?!? That's 5 minutes with a log truck

Seems I just am attracted to the big uglies:lol:

Cory I don’t get it either. On the few crane jobs I’ve done for them, we brought in a weeks worth of billable in a day. We have log trucks at our disposal but they are not ours. Scheduling them poses some issues. We recieved notification for this removal Tuesday at 5 pm. I was removing it Thursday. Thatctree would’ve been 3 hours with a crane like August has. It was a perfect candidate for fast money

Reg, you could be selling pics! I'll refrain from saying you should...but the content...for real. Those pics can be making money for the rest of your life and more.

I hated pulling saws up... I always climbed with them. Let my legs do the work, not my arms.

I don’t see a saw on your belt, do you pull it up when you’ve got some height to make flipping up easier?

Yes Mick. Lot of flare on the back side of that tree, so you have to roll the line around to with one hand, or you're not going anywhere fast. Trying to get your weight forward for each roll so dragging a saw up wouldn't help. Used a back handle saw too, so a little extra weight amd and bulk than a 200. The top 60 ft of that cedar was stone dead, rock hard, co-doms. so I had to get up and wedge the tops out to make the tree short enough to fall. Difficult to read the lean on a hillside, so its really critical that your cuts are accurate....and your striking patterns are slow, so not to shake a chunk loose way up at the top and have it fall down on you. I got that on video, but haven't looked at it yet. Needless to say, they went over, but not without some resistance first

I hate wedging dead trees.
Always got that nagging feeling that something is going to come down.

Excellent pictures, Reg. i really enjoyed those.

I hated pulling saws up... I always climbed with them. Let my legs do the work, not my arms.

Set a micro pulley, let the groundies do the work.
I got that one from Jerry B.

Back