The Official Work Pictures Thread

Cool stuff. Is he based on the island or Prince George maybe? Just curious is all. Wicked work you've been up to anyways!

I got tired of white really quickly.

This was the last climb of this job...broken up by snow, storm work, a concussion, additional clean-up work from the storm at this property... Customers are super happy. Cool folks. Husband just bought a big root grapple for one of his two Deere tractors. He also has a smaller Kubota mini-excavator. They have a long driveway through a root-disease pocket, and cedars dying from drought stress.

This alder overhung the water, starting up the steep bank about 20 vertical feet. Free air ascent on an alder, a poor compartmentalizer, that's been (surely spiked) pruned really hard. I don't think I'll need to climb it again...and I'm just fine with that. Next time I work on it, it will be broken off in the Puget Sound. It wasn't that bad now, but give it 10 years.

I'd considered setting a high-line in the big fir to the left, and throwline it through the big crotch, so I'd be compressing the stem into the hillside, rather than side-loading. An interesting free ascent, and them flip onto the high-side, perched with a choked climbing line and 540 wrap, prune a couple branches, reset climb-line and bailed off a choked climb-line with pull-down line.

A little heady, in part being sorta tired...the first wind storm of two, before the snow hit at Christmas. Was backed up before, and now, even more.

Oh, I used the boat davit to winch up a bundle of brush from the beach (can't leave it... Creates hazards to boats)...

That's a new one for me.

Attachments

• 20180627_144839.jpg
    20180627_144839.jpg
    454.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 20180627_144907.jpg
    20180627_144907.jpg
    478.5 KB · Views: 58
KIMG0172.jpg
Our new(ish) guy going after it! Tip reduction on an over extended oak limb. :thumbup:
KIMG0174.jpg
Dropped this big pine for the local University last week. Had to rope out most of the brush (house/powerlines, etc) but got to flop the rest and leave it, thank God. About 110-120' and 34"dbh. The top needed to push through some limbs on the way down without disrupting the intended lay, hence the thick hinge. Left a bit too much wood on my far corner but it didn't foul it up. Had about a 20 vertical embankment on that side so it was a bit hard to get her just right.

KIMG0176.jpg

That blue oak is a beaut! Nice work!

Yeah, poor guy went out past where he needed to make the cut before I realized. I was definitely impressed. It was an intimidatingly long limbwalk for a newer climber

Back