The Official Work Pictures Thread

View attachment 85930
Double dead spruce. One of them long named diseases killed it and then the beetles moved in and made sure. I started to get a weird wobble around 40? and tossed 30? top. There was room to fell it whole but we were trying to reduce the amount of dog shit we would step in. Luckily I had room to put the top between the tree and chipper.

Rich, were you stripping everything on the way up?
Sometimes even a handful or two of branches, on the not top-dropping side, do a lot of wobble control/ energy dissipation.

You probably know that.

Well, the limbs are nice and light for chipping.

That a man. He's big boned. haha.

Luckily, the tree is 20' from the house.

Its been topped a time or two. Its contagious in that waterfront neighborhood.
The good thing about "view" covenants, the trees don't lie down for it, they grow back up.

Funny how much traffic good warning signs are capable of driving to the worksite.

Tree
Work
Ahead

doesn't mean watch out, it means come get a bid!

Put on a show for the neighbors, leaning way out on small wood on 2 SRT lines at times, and a lanyard, pulling it back about 20' laterally. Should be good to recover for a while.
Getting a layer of mulch and lawn smothering, soon, but not by me.

Butch, under what circumstances could we find you in a tree again?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Prolly something like this?

giphy.gif

IMG_20180419_162548490.jpg IMG_20180419_162557173.jpg IMG_20180419_162552324.jpg

Another fine day in Olympia.
Deadwood and some end weight pruning in 4 firs, I'm guessing one went 165+, based on my 120' climb line. I stayed at 110' and under.

Pulled over a half dozen standing dead firs, 70'-.

Nothing for limbs, practically, so small and light weight.

Paul Cox, I thank you, wraptor and HH!!!!
Bonner, thanks for the APTA!

Yet another HUGE silver maple.

Sorry for the number of pictures, but it was a BIG job, another HUGE silver maple we dealt with -- 6' diameter trunk. I am dreading the stump grinding to come! Whoever said silvers fail after 20-30 years hasn't seen the beasties we've been dealing with lately! This was at least 80-100 years old. When we arrived, the line clearing guys were just wrapping it up with their spider lift, clearing the back side of the tree off the power lines. They left us quite the mess of brush and log chunks to chip up (thanks!). Probably the most challenging aspect was the tightness of the situation: power lines to the back and both sides, an old septic tank in the driveway, and the tree was up on a raised planter bed. Fun, fun, fun. Climbed it, dropped all the branches and chunked off the spars except one to use as a pull over lever. Then used our grapple to pull this beast over. Had to cut it into 2 pieces in order to load it on the grapple truck and hoist it with chains. Just the trunk was a single load for the wood dump -- $90 to get rid of that beastie. Then we wound up with a good truckload of logs and a full 30+ yards of chips. Whew!
P1300200.jpg P1300215.jpg P1300228.JPG P1300292.jpg P1300274.jpg P1300256.JPG P1300251.JPG P1300244.JPG P1300238.jpg P1300300.jpg

Back