The Official Work Pictures Thread

Yep.
Excellent pictures.

We got a call from one of our co-arbo/loggers.
He had bid on an unusually large beech, that had split right down the trunk.
Now he was getting a serious case of nerves about getting it on the ground.
It was split in a way, that if the two halves parted company, one would totally demolish a house.
Since he knows we deal with a lot of nasty beech trees ( BeechesRus), he wanted to ask if we'd drop it for him.

It was actually a bit funny, how extremely nervous that tree made him. I mean, sure it was big, but it wasn't all that bad.

So today I went out with Richard, just to be on the ground and send stuff up for him. That I can do one-handed.

Didn't have the Video camera from Gary up and running yet, so only still pictures.

We strapped that tree like an Egyptian mummy.

7 straps+ the dyneema pull rope to hold it all together.
Then simply felled it with a tractor to assist in pulling and our XXXXl size Porty to hold the Dyneema.

Glad we don't have to do the clean-up on this one.

Sure was nice, getting out of the house:)

P1060111.JPG P1060110.JPG P1060114.JPG P1060121.JPG P1060132.JPG P1060135.JPG P1060136.JPG P1060146.JPG

Yep, I sure enjoyed that.
Over did it a bit, so now my wrist hurts.
But still a good 3 hours.

More island pictures. The quarry after cleaning up, wasn't visible from this point a week ago from the downed and dead.

Found a cool old peapod boat about 100 yards in from the water, looks like it's been there a while

Next week's task is clearing this hellacious mess of blowdowns and dead spruce/fir. Luckily we have an excavator headed out tomorrow, should speed things up
be9d99e264425e155378cd49031a317a.jpg
cea97fc0239f4c5e7e0c6031bb6ed799.jpg
faf4d036475d8a2accaa0ec229fc994b.jpg

Cory, Stig's going to be videoing soon...you're at least due for some pics!

THIS!! Freakin COREY!!! :X

Sean: Those last few posts rocked. Thanks.

Corey: Lol at the sawdust on the couch bit. Yeah... the little lady has chewed me out every possible way on that one; in fact: I hate when you call me Jedidiah, cause it reminds me of my wife when she's super pissed.

O.k. yeah, Shallow Hal, man. I never even SEEN it. It's on the docket (What does "on the docket" mean? I only know it from context.) this weekend with the wifey.

Freakin Rich!! You took that top HUGE, bro. I wonder how high up it was tooken. Nice, VERY nice pics too.

Stig!!! Wow. Sir, you have taught that Richard kid how to CUT!! LOVED the stump pic. I love how you guys walk that little (was it about a 32"?) guide-bar all the way around the stump like that. You Danes apparently know how to sharpen too. With all that saw-walking, it still didn't appear that the back cut deviated from its original course more than a quarter of an inch, or so. Love the whiteness of that beautiful wood too. Wish we had more of that stuff out this way. Thanks for the great post.

Yo Jedi, beware the first 5 min or so of Shallow Hal is boring, no idea how it made the final cut, but yeah, real fun movie and it has a cool message.

On the docket- a judicial reference, no? On the court's schedule.

Fine picts on the beech, Stig. "BeechesRUs"....:lol: That's good.

I can tell you are glad to be out and about. Love that white, smooth beechwood. Your man does some fine cutting.

Good show, Stig. Way to make hay while the sun shines, as much as you could.

Anyone want to see a picture of a boring-ass laurel hedge getting wacked? No? I wouldn't either. BORING. And the after pic would look mostly like 6' bare stems.

Good pics all, Stig’s is particularly nice.

One point though, the guy who was nervous about it and called you in, I say fair play to him. We often laugh or complain about guys going above their skill set. He had the balls and brains to say to himself “I won’t risk it”

Absolutely.
Good call on his part.
I was just amused at how much that tree spooked him.
He told me he'd hardly slept the two nights before we were to drop it.
When that tree hit the ground, you could see the tension leaving him, that was nice.

Another wee top.

Finished the job today after a bit of ummming and rrrring by the customer. Finished the last pine today but no piccies as I was on a schedule to get the tracked chipper back by midday.

Back this afternoon to dump the final stem and log a few bit up for firewood.

Nice view from the top of the stem, up the road towards my house and back towards the Fjord.

ac2d56f3aa142a434d8bc0f5e2d698e5.jpg

97acae58564bf0d41d72e578f2408d9c.jpg

72cf8913d1d3a1327b63a9703db7b6e0.jpg

f7dc2cca48b2dd7b3817cabff6cb26db.jpg

Rich

Wasn't sure to leave a pine on the front or not. Customer asked me to remove the spruce and take pictures so he could make his mind up. He text me saying he wanted to see it in person. He saw it last night and wanted it out, so I had to get an extra man in for a few hours this morning.

Basically, he got home as he lives up the hill from the property. Looked out of his window and realised with it gone he would have a stunning view of the fjord. The tree was doomed from there on in. ;)

Great stuff Stig and Rich!
I can kind of relate Stig, I did not break any thing, but man, when I fell sick that one time and it was weeks before I could climb again and hike slopes. Make ya go crazy I tell you what! Nice fall on that Beech!

This is not really a work pic but I?m at the craneman inc class and besides a couple of other members, Page and Chris , I found a connection with a certain northwestern member
957A205A-C1E7-443E-BFDF-8C4FA531E5C6.jpg
Recognize anybody Jed?
Your boy Jake and the other two guys had nothing but good things to say about you. I?m hoping the company will send you out next year for this class man.
Sorry it’s blurry but my phone seems to take pics as my eyes see them. Meaning I’ve had a few beers tonight.

This crane stuff is fun!
B81C48EA-5399-4729-A8EE-7B9FC08C6753.jpg 589920D0-98A8-4FFA-AB32-8EDF1BCB0A0F.jpg
And this critter is just awesome!
9A595BC3-E90C-47B5-B6DC-136C3CC165CC.jpg
I?m like a kid in a candy store here. All of these cool toys and I get to try every one of them! I?m learning so much that I?m having a hard time winding down to go to bed. I feel bad for Pfanner man. I?ve been picking his mind for two days now and I have to be getting annoying.

Back