The Official Work Pictures Thread

...Re your new company, can you believe you spent all that time f'g the dog at Davey? Not that it is wasted time, it was the stepping stone that got you to the new co.

Why aren't you looking forward to being a foreman? Are you making any progress teaching folks how to file?

Nate!!! Cool stuff. Thanks.

Gary: Sir... I wanna be you. Not even joking even one tiny, tiny little bit. Your the man all day long.

Pete: If only reincarnation were a real thing... I would wanna be you next. Mad jealous over the work that you and Reg have done in them Son-of-a-Beeches. Not that we don't have the odd introduced PIG over the big city (Seattle)... it's just... we don't have hardly any. I freakin love those pigs fer some stupid reason.

Corey: Like Gerry B... (probly the only thing I have in common with so great a personage) NO I CAN'T belive that I spent so much of my life energy on that place.................... Super long story, and rant over.

No... I'm really not making any progress with teaching them boys to file, but... just another long story. Trouble is that the boss gives them so terribly much time to get the jobs done, that they really don't CARE how may guide-bars they have to melt through to get through a piece of Maple. They bill at $120 per hr. Weird co. for sure, but... a REALLY good co. to "turn old-man" in, if you get my drift.

About the "dreading foreman," bit... Man... I dunno... It's just kinda.... I dunno... Pretty much, just exactly what Butch said. Ya know??? Freakin sucks entering a small, little family company's politics and having to weigh-in on these petty little fracases that always end up embittering someone or other for some stupid, little reason. I guess I don't know. It's just so easy to be the (non-foreman) good guy, who just shows up and puts the tree on the ground without a bunch of silly histrionics.

Oh god no! This is in the Harvard Club on LG, such a silly thing would never be entertained by the board and it's vast members of colorful character.

Like Gerry B... (probly the only thing I have in common with so great a personage)

Nah, not even- You both love trees and tree work.

They bill at $120 per hr. Weird co.

Um yeah, that is a very, very good kind of weird. It's cool they command the very good hourly price and they are very busy as well. Carry on.

I hear ya re your foreman thoughts. It'll all work out fine one way or another.

Worked more on our biggest job yet...did some good work but screwed the pooch on bidding this one. It was a co-dom paper birch leaning towards the house. First time I have removed one of these. It's a dream to work in...spurs actually WORK in these (as opposed to beeches!).

We valued it at $400...should have been $800. We figured to take a few big pieces...ended up rigging a lot more than we thought it needed when we bid it.

The farthermost tree we used a block to rig out the limbs...easy peasy as the Boss says. But the 2nd one we did differently. We got some good two rope experience...used a high belay point (about 70 feet up) and was able to swing pieces about 50 feet laterally to the driveway to the chipper. We used a tip tie and a butt-tie to belay the butt.

This work is for the Mayor of the town that Alex is a FF for...look closely in the picts and you can see Mr. Mayor sitting on the front porch watching the show.

Attachments

• Jerkins day two  (5)resized.jpg
    Jerkins day two (5)resized.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 40
  • Jerkins day two  (6)resized.jpg
    Jerkins day two (6)resized.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 40
  • Jerkins day two  (7)resized.jpg
    Jerkins day two (7)resized.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Jerkins day two  (8)resized.jpg
    Jerkins day two (8)resized.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Jerkins day two  (10)resized.jpg
    Jerkins day two (10)resized.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 39
  • Jerkins day two  (12)resized.jpg
    Jerkins day two (12)resized.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Jerkins day two  (14)resized.jpg
    Jerkins day two (14)resized.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Jerkins day two  (16)resized.jpg
    Jerkins day two (16)resized.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Jerkins day two  (17)resized.jpg
    Jerkins day two (17)resized.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 39
More.

Attachments

• Jerkins day two  (19)resized.jpg
    Jerkins day two (19)resized.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Jerkins day two  (21)resized.jpg
    Jerkins day two (21)resized.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Jerkins day two  (24)resized.jpg
    Jerkins day two (24)resized.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Jerkins day two  (26)resized.jpg
    Jerkins day two (26)resized.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Jerkins day two  (27)resized.jpg
    Jerkins day two (27)resized.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 39
Phone video...very basic:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/D32JaW-WckU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gary (now don?t anyone take this the wrong way) did you really have to do all that complex large section two line rigging?

I look at those pics and cannot figure out more than two hours on it. No targets, hard ground, chip blown on the floor.

What am I missing here?

(Nice tractor btw)

That's how I feel when I see most speedline jobs.

I always assume there's something I'm not seeing.

No offense taken, Mick. We needed no impact...that front lawn area is real nice. I free dropped small limbs (2-3 inch diameter) but over that we had to rig. We had a solar powered night light that we had to work around.

It was another of those slopey trunks that make some of the positioning a challenge. I'm sure some of the full timers here could have done this in half the time, even with all the no impact rigging. We just underbid it. Dismantling the tree in our mind from the ground made the tree look simple. Once I got up in it I said, "uh-oh".

If it had been OK to mess up the DZ some I'd have been a lot happier.

Back