The Official Work Pictures Thread

Haymaker?

ddc96b4561ddca48ae4cb40d1e27fa58--cool-memes-nicolas-cage.jpg

Yep that’s the last name of their family. If any of you guys wanna call the number and mess with out estimator that’s fine by me. Day went well. This was in a property they recently bought to use as a dump and recycle site so a non money making day. The guy in the older bucket was into it and really paid attention. He wanted to learn. We went over quite a few different setups even though none were necessary. His rope man is gonna need some more work though.

Stephen...please help me out here...why strip that one out and top it? Looks like a prime candidate for a pull line installed from the ground, a little power to keep things tensioned away from the house, and a straight ahead felling cut.

:lol:
Can't see it in the pictures, but her deceased dad's favourite oak was right where it could get clipped. I have to prune that as well. Did not take long. Clean up was easy too :D
Only got to spend a little time in the valley oak.
20180115_143953.jpg 20180115_093556.jpg

My shots into the tree gave me fits as well. Almost tangled my throw lines twice and barely got it back. So, this felt more efficient. I was able to strip the front of the tree while Mike worked on some small oaks to be removed. He finished just in time for me to lower a limb to him. Then the mini maDE short work of the nest below the tree. Then just stack and go after that.

Big ol venerable girl.

Yeah how you likin the new spot? Good I guess but we haven't heard much.

Yeah... sorry friends... I been slammed in "learning-curve," land. New freakin smart-phone with Arbor Gold, new freakin Sena coms, new freakin... let me just say that NOTHING that I know, and am familiar with is the same in this new company. Plus (Yes, Sean, I personally was required to work six days... the non-foremen had to do 2 Sats. per mo.) Eastside does 9 to 10 hr. days to make up for not working Saturdays, which, I gotta say FREAKIN ROCKS! This company is so very much better (ALL of their saws above 70cc's ARE HOTRODDED MY MADSEN'S, AND I'M NOT FREAKIN KIDDN YA!) than Davey that, when I get home, my wife always goes, "O.k. pal... who are you, and what have you done with my husband?" Me: "Whadd'ya freakin mean!?" She: "What happened to that nasty scowl you used to wear around the house all night long?" We're (for the moment) so very much happier.

I gotta be honest though... I just really fear that it's (maybe) not going to be sustainable. They bill at 120 dollars a freakin hour. They have a girl. To Butch's, "welder's Helmet," comment... yeah they've got all the new crap with the Sena coms, and all that... they just take their time... joking around all day long over the coms... Man, I dunno... just doesn't feel like the real world to me, plus... but maybe I'm just getting crotchety and old... it just seems like it could lead to a safety issue or something. I like to put the freakin tree on the ground as fast as I possibly can... not laugh-around and take my time, ya know what I mean? Plus, I miss my old faller's hat. We'll see. For the moment at least... stuff is just way, way, way, waaaay better.

Gary: YOU, brotha, YOU!!! YOU the freakin MAN!! and you know that I know what I'm talkin about.

Stephen: Lol at the, "look Ma," comment! CRACKIN pics, btw.

Rich/Butch: Man, I'd KILL to have my last name be Haymaker. It doesn't get much more hardcore than Haymaker freakin treeservice.

Sorry bout my recent lack o pics... I've had my head full of tons of stupid "work," crap. Here's one (God willing... I can't stand my new smart-phone) from today of a tree that Jake started (don't ask) zip-lining, and I finished...

Oops... no dice... sorry gents, maybe tomorrow. I freakin HATES me a smart-phone. :X:|::|::|:

Ok... I guess the smart phone threw a dumb guy a bone. It gives me freakin ONE! :X
20180116_143029.jpg

Very good picture, Jed...lots of geometry, color, shapes. One of the better "way up there on a bean pole" shots I have seen.

Glad to hear the new company is working out.

I gotta be honest though... I just really fear that it's (maybe) not going to be sustainable. They bill at 120 dollars a freakin hour. They have a girl. To Butch's, "welder's Helmet," comment... yeah they've got all the new crap with the Sena coms, and all that... they just take their time... joking around all day long over the coms.

Awesome Jed!!

$120/ man-hour?
What's the potentially unsustainable part?

How's the equipment?

Nice one Jed.

Different companies have different vibes, takes some getting used to.

You?re like a dog that?s been adopted from the pound, still can?t quite believe it?s true, expecting to be taken back to the pound any day.

Jed, don't slow your roll, joke around and bust balls to pick up the pace if need be, I find gentile ribbing is a good motivator.
We have a pretty tight knit core of guys and we joke around but we kill it with speed and style. Find your nitch and possibly make one and you set the pace you're the climber.
Sounds like you liking it so far.

We work that way, too.

Lots of joking around, but lots of speed, too. Love the SENAs for that.

Good to hear you like the new job, Jed.
Now don't crap on the floor or it'll be back to the pond for you.

Some guys don't like joking around and don't like having a jokester in their ear. I know the fellow that worked for me didn't like the senas for those two reasons. Preferred to be silent and grumpy while working. Frig that noise. I like joking around, make the day pass easier.

We don't have Senas but we hardly ever talk as it is unless we are joking around.
We use a highly evolved form of sign language.

So what is the sign for: " You wasted too much time masturbating in a lay off"?

Back