The Official Work Pictures Thread

No need to mess with the welds, they are stronger than the rest of it. If you can heat it and bend it back, you should be good to go. Vee out the cracks, and then weld those up, full penetration. You might even add some plate reinforcement after that, that would ensure it's stronger than new. Not absolutely necessary tho. I would use a come along to pull it straight, heat, crank, heat crank. Stick welding would be better because of the rust, mig would be prone to porosity, and probably doesn't have the heat input to penetrate deep enough on that thick of metal. 7018 if you got it, more ductile.

When you are done welding, double check the straighteness of the connecting angles, and maybe tweek them after it's all welded up if need be.

Thanks. i only have a small/med mig welder, it is 220 atleast. A come along, good thinking. The old one I replaced it with is plated up from being repaired from similar damage and had proven out indestructible for a few seasons already and looked real solid still when I swapped it.

Limb removals over house and pool area today...picts and vid from cell phone. Marginal composition...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CCkUuMXmbh0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Attachments

• Herb tree  (1b).jpg
    Herb tree (1b).jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Herb tree  (1).jpg
    Herb tree (1).jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Herb tree  (4)resized.jpg
    Herb tree (4)resized.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Herb tree  (12)resized.jpg
    Herb tree (12)resized.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Herb tree  (13)resized.jpg
    Herb tree (13)resized.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 46
Thanks...I have learned how to spur along the side of limbs like that...basically spurring with my body parallel to the limb. Makes for some intricate balance at times but a good challenge.

Great pics Gary. Getting out and over there!

Thanks for all the tips on the metalwork everyone. I appreciate it. Had to look up handyman jack. Up here we call em jack alls.

Hell no. I did sweep around it though. Lol.

A friend of mine had his truck break down yesterday so I had to rescue him and tow it to a safe spot. Then assemble the necessities to fix it. Etc, etc. So this has been pushed off the front burner for now.

Lol. You still have to drink a six pack standing over it thinking out the entire job over and over before you actually start it too... So remember to make time for that as well lol.

Nice Gary. Getting horizontal ain?t fun.
I?d say that?s a six pack engineering ordeal there Justin.
EE7AB4C3-A5EB-4859-B942-4ADCAB5D2826.jpg
Training day. Going over a few different rigging set ups with a newer guy and another ground crew. Nothing but fun:D

Back