The Official Work Pictures Thread

Without a power rotator, you're needing to use the feed tray/ chute to help manipulate the material for feeding to a greater degree.

The mini-articulating loaders with a telescopic boom would seem to have a great advantage over miniskid loaders in having the height to accomodate a hydraulic rotator.

Nice little 18" pine flop that ended up being more like 28".. little short bar action in the snow
c83d798f699fd52b3d94cb68e29b8e70.jpg
93a12df4e3704005304891c0b9ca6f29.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Fair to say short bars rule in Maine? They did in 1977 lol.

WTF is up with that face cut? Seems like a lot of wasted effort playing around instead of just cutting the tree down. I understand the part where you gutted the hinge but not that chunk missing out of the front.

Richard took a very dead ( Hadn't been green for 3 years) spruce down today, while I recuperated from a fever by doing office work.
He just sent me this picture.
Sure didn't have much room to fit that top into.

IMG_20180111_110349.jpg

Nice.
W got sent to Cleveland to remove this pig
42540B76-1864-48C1-8124-47904AB1EE20.jpg 909EEA18-4332-43CB-942F-1435F366A894.jpg
Got a pretty decent wind blowing and rain forecasted for after noon. It?s gonna be a fun day.
I?m gonna whine a bit here and say I want a crane so bad:whine:

After awhile, a person gets tired of doing things one way (bucket) knowing that there is an easier faster way to do them (crane).

How far away is Cleveland?

About an hour drive Cory. Lots of rigging. Still have 30’ above the elevator. It’s not getting finished today. Winds are blowing way to much in the wrong direction.

30' above, that's tall. Means the further away leaders will be big cuts, unless repositioning is possible.

Yeah flop it in the direction that will wreck the fewest houses and wires

I got it skinnyed up enough now to drop it between the primaries and homes. Those pesky service drops won?t survive though:O. I?ll prolly finish it next week. We have another winter storm warning and it?s calling for an ice storm and then heavy snowfall tomorrow starting at noon. Rain till then. No sense in even putting the trucks on the road in that stuff. That would be asking for an accident. I?ve got plenty of paperwork to catch up on, truck inventory, and maintenance to do at the shop anyhow. Also I need to search for four wheel drive f-550 with an 11? service body with crane. Used of course. It would be to easy to just order a new one

You're gonna need a bigger crane than will fit on a 550;)

I almost deleted that from the post because I knew you’d say that. Made me laugh though. The mechanic put a crane in his specs for the truck. I agree that he needs one. I’m sure more than one of us knows how much of a PITA it is to swap truck engines using a skid steer for a hoist. Oh, it has to have a remote. Can’t set a chipper drum in while standing at the truck.

Your mechanic sounds beasty, which makes sense, no wimpy mechanic gonna last at your place.

Just curious, how you going to get rid of that big elm wood 1 hour away from home? Chips, too.

We’ve got sites to dump up there as well. Chips are fairly cheap at $30 a load. Wood depends on who is working at the dump office on whatever day. This is for the gas company and all dumping fees are extras so no big deal.

Back