The Official Work Pictures Thread

:lol:
Yup, a lot like that.
Place had been masticated recently. The broken bits blended in real well. No raking necessary... :lol:
Just stack the chippable bits for the chipper crew coming in and Rob gets to mill the logs. The sugar pine next to it broke up pretty bad, but still 3-20 foot logs in it. 35dbh on the pondo.

I love no rake jobs!

Ditch work again. Made a big mess in a hurry. Three trees left and off to the next one
IMG_2113.jpg
This one is for the county sewer department. The trees on the ditch keep uprooting and knocking out the power to the lift station. It's getting me back into ROW clearing mode which will be starting soon enough. "Two men and a rope" will be back soon enough. :(

You crank out a lot of clean up work with your bobcat and big chipper. What are your thoughts re a grapple for the bobcat instead of the grapple bucket?

Are you talking about a bmg style over the bucket style Cory? I will say I prefer a root rake style over the solid bucket style. Gives more visibility and the teeth on a rake grapple can be used to guide stuff better plus you can rake large debris with out getting dirt. As far as a dangle style vs. a bucket style, they both have their place. I've never run one for the full size skid loader but I want one. I also want to buy a root rake grapple for my mini soon.
And I no longer have a BC 2100 on my crew. We're running the 255xp now. My choice. The 2100 eats everything but is a bitch to get anywhere off of hard surface. Plus the 255 came with a winch. In the right hands a winch can replace a loader real quick plus some.

Got out the GoPro today Jed. Been so long since I used it, I keep forgetting to turn it on. Today I forgot when I threw the pin:|:
Got some footage of swinging the limbs off the house. Three of them buggars. One over the propane tank, we just pulled as I cut. The other two, well.....
And some pics of the stumpy.
Sorry about the one handing and funny cutting.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/O8pSrCRCbOQ" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
https://youtu.be/O8pSrCRCbOQ

Attachments

• 20171113_140958.jpg
    20171113_140958.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 20171113_141007.jpg
    20171113_141007.jpg
    434.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 20171113_141033.jpg
    20171113_141033.jpg
    369.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 20171113_141152.jpg
    20171113_141152.jpg
    393.9 KB · Views: 64
Well, snow is here.

Had a strange job this afternoons on. Dead spruce next to a live Fir and open 4 phase power lines.

Any, wonder what kilt it?

Anyway, the customer wanted to tree safe as it was near said power lines and if it failed it would go into road and take out lines. Tree was about 15 foot taller than the live Fir. Spec was to top it out, remove branches but leave 30 cm Stubbs for the birds to sit on then to cable brace the dead stem to the live. In the event of a failure it would hang rather than fall into the road.

What the customer wants, sometimes they get.

I free climbed the live Fir then switched into the dead tree to keep away from power lines, flipped the top off and decided to do a traditional cobra style splice on the live Fir and a locking Brummel on the dead tree. Seemed to turn out ok. Nice view from the top.

Don't know why the pics are sideways from my phone yet tapatalk does this...

39ded5bd770b71dff3373aef41cb2db4.jpg

13ceb3a37bf28825d58fcd8c7ebc420d.jpg

94572bfe71ff608b8ced4f856299a044.jpg

Rich

Are you talking about a bmg style over the bucket style Cory?

Yes thats what i meant. Root rake style is probably real nice but you can't clean up stumps with it.

Whats the capacity on the 255?

18". But it's underpowered. Not really a big deal since I do the blade flips and changes. The mechanic just keeps me in stock of sharp blades. The bastard throws hard as hell. We took a tree down for the rail road today and shot the chips in the woods. 75' I'll bet.

Man! That WAS a nice view, Rich. Thanx!

Here's today in a nutshell: Got there to this...

unnamed-1559.jpg

Then this...

unnamed-1556.jpg

then this...

unnamed-1554.jpg

this...

unnamed-1555.jpg

Sittin on the stump watchin the General Sherman jump off the freakin truck. Man, MY knees hurt just watchin him do this...

unnamed-1553.jpg

This look weird to you guys?

unnamed-1558.jpg

What's with the door in the last pic?

Seems like it would be against policy to jump off a truck like that. Asking for an EASILY prevented injury, especially with pavement.

I knew a guy who did his knee in, dropping off of a suburban roof from his butt.

Most of the time, 99.9% maybe, he can get away with that kind of impact, until the thousandth time.

18". But it's underpowered. Not really a big deal since I do the blade flips and changes. The mechanic just keeps me in stock of sharp blades. The bastard throws hard as hell. We took a tree down for the rail road today and shot the chips in the woods. 75' I'll bet.

The disc must go through a lot more knives than the drum, eh?

Disc seems to be less forgiving than a drum on blade sharpness. Less weight turning round for momentum. The guys on my crew are pretty good with keeping dirt out with the bobcat. This is what I came into Monday after the boss decided the winch was needed on a RR site Saturday
IMG_2118.JPG
Pissed me off because that WAS a new set of blades that I put on Friday morning. Had to toss the bolts as well. 9out of 12 were stretched. I found a 6" long 3/4" bolt inside the housing. :X:X
Sometimes I swear I hear circus music in my head as I punch the time clock:|:

Man it's hard to keep up with this thread. Lots of great pictures!

Looks like you're missing a locking rod off the bottom of the latch there Uncle Jed.

Back