The Official Work Pictures Thread

Yeah! I like that "out on the skinny" limb drop...good work positioning.

Note: I have gotten wary of my lanyard hanging down like that. If a limb hangs on and gets entangled in the tail of your lanyard it's gonna be bad on you...probably a torqued ankle/knee/hip at the least.

I consider it "housekeeping" to dress my hanging ropes before I drop something...especially chunks or limbs that end up dropping/rotating close to me.

Good show there.

You're right Gary and most of the time I don't even think about it. I'll keep that in mind and start keeping things tidied up a bit.

These actually weren't that bad. Even though they were between the house and shed there was very little rigging. There is one more to remove but I probably won't get to it til spring.

Dogs... Bumper spikes.

One set on the clutch cover, one set on the powerhead.

At least one set of good dogs makes for a better felling/ bucking saw. I've got 1 set of dogs on my ms261 that are about what you'd find on an MS441.

Full wrap handles make for better felling saws, too.

A good feller can get by without, but it's always good to have good tools to do a good job.

I need to catch up on this thread. My small offering, dead ash, wanted to top it but the wind and being solo changed that plan. Limbed and dropped.

20171106_115915.jpg

20171106_115909.jpg

Pretty sure that's what Jed does too.

Dude, that's seriously NOT cool, letting all these guys in on my M.O... Et too, Brute? You who've actually shared a warm truck-cab with me on a snotty day! :lol: Blown away (seriously) by that riggn show. I seriously could not do that. Takes a bit of heart.

Buddy... Back OFF!! :X that hinge was way too nice. You should know to show yer elders a little respect on a respectable web-site like this. :lol:

Peter... Nice!

Lol, I see right through your tough guy talk. Thanks for the compliment Jed!

I'll second what Sean said about the dogs. It makes the job a lot nicer.

And nice job Peter!

The kid is coming around.

Just the deadwood ma'am.
b3c9cee2c02ab3c6ed6356a685b1825d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Sweet, Deva. Kids will come around...most of them that show some possibilities, anyway. I recall bringing more than a few forward :D. Good for you in doing the bringing, my brother.

Man, Deva... those lower limbs seem like they'd wanna pop pretty easily even if a guy's trying to keep his weight on his line.

Thanks Guys.

Believe it or not... Redwood branches can be pretty fragile.
Lot's of pole tools from below and above the work to get the angle on the bite right.

I went up and did the top half then came down and used the sena comms to point out deadwood from the ground ..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

A big problem with limb walking a straight-up conifer. If you snap the branch, you are likely aimed back at the stub. Something to be prepared for, with an exit plan. Pulling your way out a questionable limb with your arms countering the support from the rope, will lift the limb, as compared to limb-walking.

That being said, I've been amazed at the body weight some long fir branches have taken without complaint.

Sod that for a game of soldiers.

Snapping a branch and then careering towards the jaggy stub is the thing of nightmares. A very good thing to be aware off though IMO.

Pruning today. Deadwood, inspect the old bracing, cobra and static cable and install a new cobra system after a bit of end weight reductions. The other guys got on with a few other fiddly bits and pieces while I didn't the Lime tree.

One of the lads snapped a few shots from the roof whilst I was setting the bracing. This is the end result.

Back