The Official Work Pictures Thread

Not many photos posted here lately, so thought I 'd just post 2 of a big old brittle willow I removed today. Nothing special, a little climbing to cut and chuck a little overhanging the customers house, chipped up the limbs and left the blocks for the owner to dispose of.
Three stem stump totaling at 68 inch diameter ground level to grind out, easy peasy though....... willow stump chips are soft grinding and extra light to haul away.

20130620_142033.jpg 20130620_142131.jpg

Nice mess!!!
Sure is Butch, but I like it this way:D
The customer wanted to save some money by hauling away the blocks to the land fill himself [don't hurt my feelings] , willow is no good for firewood.
I chipped and hauled away the limbs for him, ground out the stump and hauled away the chips. I never haul away blocks because there is a posse of firewood hunters around every corner who will haul it away for me.
Only exception is DED elm which I have to dispose of myself to the landfill.......good workout and good extra coin for me.

i really admire you solo outfit there Holman. tight and efficient. heres a few of mine from the past few weeks... 50 olive trees pruned up for a party.
St. Helena-20130606-00595.jpg St. Helena-20130606-00597.jpg

Attachments

• St. Helena-20130423-00553.jpg
    St. Helena-20130423-00553.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 56
i really admire you solo outfit there Holman. tight and efficient. heres a few of mine from the past few weeks... 50 olive trees pruned up for a party.
Thanks Jaime,
Those are outstanding pics you posted here, beautiful work and job well done on a species so valuable to a society of people who are in the know what's good for them to live "healthy".

Nice olive grove. Good pics as well Willard. I wish I could even sell stump grinding
Been busy here... Little mistletoe job on a respectable live oak.. Fire up here (Carstens Fire) made for an interesting day next to the airport with helicopters sporting water buckets flying over head. Run way and helo pad was about a foot ball field away :lol:
15 plus MPH gusts and blade wash... weeeeeeee.. :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_0089ed.jpg
    IMG_0089ed.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0046ed.jpg
    IMG_0046ed.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0050ed.jpg
    IMG_0050ed.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0052ed.jpg
    IMG_0052ed.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0055ed.jpg
    IMG_0055ed.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0088ed.jpg
    IMG_0088ed.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 56
I treat it if I shave it with a tar based pruning sealer. I'll will maintain the tree on two year intervals for latent seeds etc. What infected branches I removed are gone for good.

Awesome pictures Stephen!
Sometimes I'll get my customer to take pictures of myself climbing, but I have to say most times I'm a little camera shy. ha ha

I see customers taking photos, and then ask them later if they wouldn't mind sending them (or some) to me. They always answer, "Sure", and seem happy to, like it adds meaning to their photography. I give my email and the pictures never show up. I can't help wondering if they died or something?

Nice pictures as usual everyone.8)

A bit of Deja vu for me today.

I was there years ago but they are selling and wanted the stump out of sight, going to hide what's left with mulch. No wonder that's where it got left.

Gave the 2100 a workout, it was bloody hard. Lemon Gum. Don't ask me how I lifted some of those those blocks out of there, I can hardly lift a beer now.:laughing6:

P6210046.jpg P6210048.jpg P6210051.jpg P6210052.jpg

Back