The Official Work Pictures Thread

A bird did the same thing once and fell in some bushes, setting them on fire. We had to call the fire department!

Played with the track loader this afternoon at the folks. Moved a couple piles of dirt and cut the top off a hill and stock piled the dirt. About an hour of actual work time (more time was spent riding the kids around and such).

You can make out the two piles that were combined and the "top of the hill" that was cut off:
IMG_6914.jpg

IMG_8094.jpg
IMG_8097.jpg
IMG_8093.jpg

Thus far it's great, although you're right, it's entirely different than the AL540!

The AL540 has much better visibility and is hands down the better machine for tree work and working in tight areas.

The MTL325 has 2x the hp, 2x the tractive effort, nearly 3x the aux flow... it's a beast for doing dirt work and the like. Interestingly, the AL540 has a higher bucket breakout force, although that's to be expected with the bucket linkages. I hope to justify keeping it long term and getting another 540 to better round out my capabilities.

In comparison, the AL540 would have likely taken 4 hours or more to accomplish what I did in an hour.

The root grapple is coming in today as well. :))

Nice signature Andrew:thumbup:
I leave one also.
Todays dead oak removal went well all but the branch below. Thought for sure a small branch brush from the dead one would only result in that a brush with maybe a piece of the dead one coming free.
garenepe.jpg

Still left with a happy H.O. and more work.
Put a few more from the ground perspective from my wife when I get in.

Here's some pics of one of today's jobs. This is one of the largest water oaks in the little town I live near. A couple of weeks ago, a large limb fell off. A few days later, another.....then another. So, the owner decided it was time to get it down. We bought my middle daughter a camera for graduation a few weeks ago, and I had her drop my Gehl off, so while she was there, she snapped a few pics...

You can't tell it in the pic, but that tree sits on top of a bank next to the street, with a sidewalk just down from it. There's also an old iron water meter box right beneath those two I'm roping in the pics. It stuck up nearly a foot out of the ground on the downhill side, as it was brilliantly set in the slope of the bank.

The bottom limb on the right (1st pic) has a bee hive in it just to the right of the upright prong. That limb was overhanging the 3-phase across the street, so I had the power company trim it back so I wouldn't have to climb past the bees.

Surely a water oak trait parting with big leads.
A few more from the wife's phone.
qera3ypy.jpg

y2aru5um.jpg

ura6une4.jpg

aqy4yre4.jpg

5u8a6yzu.jpg

asugygaj.jpg

ybudeju3.jpg

2e6uvyhy.jpg

I had hoped she got a picture of the dog leg in this one but no:rolleyes:
a6use8as.jpg

Took out some large crispy sycamores. Trunk wood was still solid and somewhat green on one or two. Felling went well for all of them.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372195732.864410.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372195749.748827.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372195770.480110.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372195798.289982.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372195827.157469.jpg

Have to say, those bmg hd scoops are the shiz or picking up rakings and stump much.

Back