The Official Work Pictures Thread

The arrow frog is the same as most of the 11.7's. Just a different color scheme. That's why I got it. That's my 200 footer. I've blue moon and PI as well, just in different lengths. Makes for easy ID when grabbing the rope for the job.
Jim the orange is my wirecore lanyard which is only a few months old. It's just covered in sawdust stuck to pine sap from the other day. I need to clean it sometime. Doesn't mess with the ropegrab yet so it's not to bad

Looks like a nice day at the golf course Dave.and the big shot is a blast on a golf course.

Rich, thanks for the picture of your HH1. I dont make much on HH sales but it warms my heart to see real working climbers rocking them on the day to day. Aint light, aint shinny but they will take a freakin beating and keep on right along.

My pleasure Paul. The thing is bomb proof. I'll be getting in touch soon to get the hh2. I've been finding the need for a second tie in lately and I'm not enjoying having two different systems on me. And it's not heavy to me. Hell what's a few ounces when you're dealing with an 046 hanging off your saddle ( not in that pic though).

Jed dont ya hate it when u nick your wedges:whine:

Man, I used to something fierce. Made me feel like a rookie. Wait! Uhhhh..... Yeah, so.... I AM a rookie, but, uhhh.... What happened was Cody (Tarzan) got me to be a fan of the Blunt Wedge. The home-made blunt wedge to be precise, which of course, nicking your wedges does. You just round the wedge out (best on a grinder, or somthin) into a bit of a half-radius on the tip and then smooth the 90 degree corners out a bit. The upshot is that you can get a wedge banged in pretty good and tight, but still have a good little bit of room to set up your nice pretty hinge before bangin er over. You'd think that they'd be harder driving, but they aint. They work really nice on topping wedges where you NEVER seem to have enough room in the backcut.

Now i DID happen to bang my saw into the tree once with sharp wedges when I was sweating bullets trying to lift a back-leaner toward the house that I should have had a stronger pulling mechanism on. Now THAT is a REAL rookie move. :|:

Rich: Nice climbing rig.

It is a cool one. I really wish I had gotten one of the flying Dingo the other day.

Paul... I am just going to have to buy another Hh2. Mike took my HH1 and Jason flus on my HH2. I Never get to use them any more. :(

Rich, thanks for the picture of your HH1. I dont make much on HH sales but it warms my heart to see real working climbers rocking them on the day to day. Aint light, aint shinny but they will take a freakin beating and keep on right along.
[/QUOTE]

:thumb:

Jed, good info on the blunt wedges, thanks!

Is there any original HH's kicking around? :/:

Nice logs Grendel! Is that all windfall?

Pruned this beautiful Maple today. 105' to 110'

unnamed-992.jpg

200' Poison Ivy maxed out darn near on the ground.

unnamed-996.jpg

Rich inspired me to shoot my climb-rig.

unnamed-997.jpg

Now here's a shot looking down on the same Maple from a 135' Fir that I "wind-sailed." :/:
unnamed-995.jpg unnamed-993.jpg unnamed-994.jpg

Wow. Looking over this post with the little "Preview Post," option... I realize it's a little: "Hey, look at me Mom. Hey guys look at me. Look at me. :lol: Maybe I should forward it to my mom.

Here's what done it, I think. Look, I know you guys aren't askin, but I'm still here to tell ya... If you mix these two together... Well... You're pretty much all set. ;)

unnamed-991.jpg

Grendel, love the dump truck! Deuce and 1/2?
Cool maple Jed and some cool above shots. Puts some perspective on it.
Here are a few from my little piggie today. Probably 42" dbh. I'll measure it tomorrow when I get the stick down. I had to come down and give the guys a hand. 1000# limbs had to be butchered for hand dragging down a brushed out alley we created to get stuff to the chipper. Rob was milling the last fatty Dave dismantled and I dropped from one of his visits. So now I have a stack of 2x8x19' for shop roof.
I'll raptor up tomorrow and untangle the tops so I can drop them. Then the stick will fit. No tractor, so we don't want to bury the road.
Jason hugged a branch for reference :lol:
They missing the mini......

Attachments

• tmp_15014-20160915_105459-1502711271.jpg
    tmp_15014-20160915_105459-1502711271.jpg
    420.7 KB · Views: 81
  • tmp_15014-20160915_105540-2124937551.jpg
    tmp_15014-20160915_105540-2124937551.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 78
  • tmp_15014-20160915_112831-1618534104.jpg
    tmp_15014-20160915_112831-1618534104.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 76
  • tmp_15014-20160915_135416-2043103189.jpg
    tmp_15014-20160915_135416-2043103189.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 77
My day..... getting an uprooted, hung up birch tree down safe in back yard...plenty of targets ;)

2 ISC mini blocks with 1/2" samson, one in redwood other up hill on trunk of oak...went slicker than a frogs belly

002.jpg

***Almost done pic
005.jpg

Cool angle,something usually only seen by the fella working the ropes👍

Idk if it's like the big fish photo but them pieces look faaat

Girth looks legit. I wonder if there's a reason some of the pieces (3rd pic) look rigged a bit "off to the side"... or if it even matters. I really wish we would have more round vertical stems around these parts to work on.

Yeah, Chris... I think that Reg is really conscious about placing the rigging rope so that as little of it (especially the standing part) gets smashed betwen the wood when the pieces hit as possible.

Stephen: I love those pines. They always look so beautiful to me... even dead. Well... the rotton ones don't look so beautiful.

Back