The Official Work Pictures Thread

Fine trucks....massive winch it seems. Somebody needs to restore that one.
For sure.

The other one is a Chevy Viking 60.
28eae1b3f782352c94357684200479b0.jpg

Well at least you got tons of time. Looks like fun. Bucket there for the advertisement and traffic control.
Chipping, gear etc. dump site is a solid hour and a half round trip.
For sure.

The other one is a Chevy Viking 60.
28eae1b3f782352c94357684200479b0.jpg

Never heard of the viking, just the apache. My first truck was a 58 chevy, had several since with plans to fix them up and never do

Thanks Jed, these days I'm not very cool being on my own and not having fat Presidio trees to pose in. I do get to contract climb a bit more for variety...but I'm glad you guys let me hang out and chat...

HA!! "Yeah, well.... o.k.... you can still hang.... I guess... I mean.... if it's cool with the other guys and stuff, I guess." :lol:

Seriously... your last few posts made me think really hard about my own stupid glory-hound disposition. There's this other really cool removal guy in our shop named Chris Maragulia. We're friends. We help each other out when we can. Would you believe me if I told you that I get insane-jealous every week that he's scheduled to do a bigger tree than the job I'm on? I absolutely LOATHE this tendency in myself, but... it's like I can't get over it. I think it's actually gotten a ton worse since I've started posting pics of my jobs. I'm like this 44 year old man who can't grow up.

Thanks a ton for the pics.

Willie: Thanks. Tall stinkin Firs! Where is that? Try to get tons of pics, o.k. guy?

Some older pics but it's this nice time of year again. I remember this job because the residents there were particularly kindly.

Attachments

• Misato 0006.jpg
    Misato 0006.jpg
    861 KB · Views: 55
  • Misato 0003.jpg
    Misato 0003.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 56
Steve and Cory that's my buddy Evan. We still nowadays try to give each other the worst tree we can find. I've done some monster Pines for him and he's done some big ugly dusty oaks for me.

Jed. We're all Tree Dogs. We all want the atta boy and the pat on the head and a thrown bone once in a while. I used to get jealous, still do sometimes.......still got some growing up to do.

Willard, that was one tree with 3 spars for $3k total.....left the stump at about a foot high..1 day to brush it out and top it...2 days of wood.rigging the wood, just a Hobbs and 3/4 samson..nothing tricky like 2 blocking the whip with a double friction coiled spoiler alert.....this tree was about a foot off the roof.....she wanted to extend her house forward over the "tree". Dumbass if u ask me. She got the deal of the century. That last picture is Evan dumping a log and busting the water main to house...Haha. Now Deva and the 2 Guats ard digging sand at 6pm on the third day. Oh the good times. I was the 3rd Chapín. Self loader friend at the time loaded up the wood and took it somewhere....maybe to the mill. Berry's Mill is out that way.....

It's a beautiful area Guerneville, Duncan Mills, Rio Nido and Monte Rio......lots of really rich, really poor, hippies, burly bears and meth heads. Huge trees and no one has the money to do anything about it.....tons of old tweaked out climbers lurking the shadows still wearing spurs.....klink klink klink. Sniff.

Jay, I love every tree picture u post of Japan. Amazing countryside. I have a friend on Instagram that posts from Tokyo....WOW. Modern.

So much Of both the future and the past.

HA!! "Yeah, well.... o.k.... you can still hang.... I guess... I mean.... if it's cool with the other guys and stuff, I guess." :lol:

Seriously... your last few posts made me think really hard about my own stupid glory-hound disposition. There's this other really cool removal guy in our shop named Chris Maragulia. We're friends. We help each other out when we can. Would you believe me if I told you that I get insane-jealous every week that he's scheduled to do a bigger tree than the job I'm on? I absolutely LOATHE this tendency in myself, but... it's like I can't get over it. I think it's actually gotten a ton worse since I've started posting pics of my jobs. I'm like this 44 year old man who can't grow up.

That was an awesome post imho :drink:

I don't see a problem with it honestly. Sounds like you are competitive and like a challenge, nothing wrong with that. Posting pics? Hey we love seeing em both for entertainment and learning, and you like posting em. Its all good!

And if it were a problem, well, discussing is the first step to understanding...

Btw, if and when you finally grow up, you probably won't want to do tree work then:whine:

Ha, you guys are funny.

Thought I'd share some sweet hinge action, trying to be more like Jed everyday...8):P

IMG_20160617_143006404.jpg IMG_20160617_143018180.jpg

Back