The Official Work Pictures Thread

What a hog!!

What method(s) did you use to get up there?

Cory I used SRT to get up there, used all 200ft of rope with none to spare.....this will be a good start for Bixler, the heat is really bad right now, he can start without monkeying around trying to set up zip line...its all ready to get er done ;) Oh, and a SRT line for him as well...

Sheesh, Joel... coolest pics I've seen in some time. Somebody on you're crew's got an incredible trigger finger on the iPhone. Those were amazing, thanks.

Man, that WAS a pig, Scott. Those pines can get SUCH incredible libs on them. I think it's just so much photosynthesis going on which makes the wood pig-out to the extent that that one obviously was. What a tree. I'm a bit jealous of ya'll's pines.

All I got to cut today was a Plum and a Willow. Remember your sap-wood cuts boys and girls! SHEESH! Sucker gave me a pretty good little pull into the stem. I'm thinkin it could have been worse in a bigger tree....

unnamed-810.jpg unnamed-809.jpg

b2yCU5q.jpg

t5ZpEtB.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
2 of the 7 dying ash from today. The big one with heart rot had me racing the saw to get enough cut. It started popping with only about 3" into the back cut.
The smaller one had a decent amount of back lean and a good arc over a tree to the side. Bob came in handy for some mechanical advantage on that one. ;)

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Stopped and checked out this dead white oak on the way out of the place. Of course they want zero impact on the lawn and plantings. Should be fun if we get the job. What you can't see is the septic tank that was installed two years ago hiding behind the flowers. I wonder what killed it?

Tree prison with root torture by quartering.

Big ol trees Scott. Seems we always try to set one up like that if we have more to do the following day. Get right up in am and beat the heat. Of course the Wraptor helps.

Nasty rot.... that little bit of root flair tear shows about what was still holding that up Rich.

Be careful there Jed. Thanks for the reminder mang.

image.jpg
Last pic for the day, I promise. Just had to cut the trunk off so the rootball could flop back down. Had the guy worried. He started cutting brush off of it and decided to call me in before he got hurt. Quick easy money.

I'm still jeolous of those tall pines you guys get out there. I can't imagine 200'. I've been tied in at 120' and thought that was up there!

That was the tension side to the natural lean. That was the first one of the day and I decided to set guy lines or pull lines for the rest. Of course the rest were solid. The rest also had hardware:X

Good reminder Jed. Be careful up there.

A view like that could make you forget there is work to do. I like working in no sleeves too whenever possible. It seems not many of us.

working in the 'jungle'...clearing trails in a new nature reserve , hot and humid.
Got to work with one of my old mentors, Dr David Wingate, he's 80 now and still trail bashing with a 200t, Crocs and shorts, known him for 30 yrs.

Attachments

• IMG_20160604_221643.jpg
    IMG_20160604_221643.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20160605_010215.jpg
    IMG_20160605_010215.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 50
Cory I used SRT to get up there, used all 200ft of rope with none to spare.....this will be a good start for Bixler, the heat is really bad right now, he can start without monkeying around trying to set up zip line...its all ready to get er done ;) Oh, and a SRT line for him as well...

Nice. Wraptor or rope climbing method? Thanks.

Reg, damn that is superb looking country.

No, I mean once you are over a certain height does it really matter if you are 50 feet up or 500 feet up? Not really thinking about falling, just a fear of heights thing.

If you are not scared to death at 100, would you be scared at 200? 300?

Back