The Official Work Pictures Thread

Proper training would be nice to have, I sometimes get skeered that the ex is going to tip over. I see more advanced people rock and roll it with abandon. Sometimes jobs will specify a person with training and the license that comes with it. I have to sneak on. :/:

I am thinking something like this, less the detachable cab and the like. I agree about the steering as opposed to articulating.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sytDaVdOmz8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Haha I was trying to keep the cost down to a more manageable figure using more commonly available parts and technologies!

Jay, they're pretty stable! Swinging a load over the side can be more exciting, keeping the load as low/close as practical helps a good bit.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-05-12 at 7.34.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-05-12 at 7.34.33 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 118
...Where's that grapple Carl?

Still haven't made time to work on it. The job it's for is being postponed by the clearing and now added dirt work. I might have time this week to get the metal for build the jib although it'll be next weekend at the earliest before I can get to building it. Still haven't fully figured the design, but it's getting closer.

Yeah, Jay. I was trying to get the stump to slide out of the hole. I had to place some logs (as seen in front of the push blade) under me (perpendicular to the tracks) so I wouldn't sink.

Haha no, that's just a stump hole.

Same job, this is a hole! The bottom is about 3' below the water level. This is going to be a sump for the job site, a ditch and its laterals will feed into it where a pump will pump the water across the site to a ditch which will carry it away.

Attachments

• IMG_7490.jpg
    IMG_7490.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 91
Haha I swung by there yesterday and dug the hole, hourly work is nice like that :lol:. I'm trying to work out the power to the hole, then I'll set the pump and discharge and dig the ditches.

Haha I swung by there yesterday and dug the hole, hourly work is nice like that :lol:. I'm trying to work out the power to the hole, then I'll set the pump and discharge and dig the ditches.

Here's the hole today, 9' of water and I haven't dug any ditches yet. Hopefully I'll get the pump set up tomorrow. Worked out the power for it this afternoon.

Attachments

• IMG_7524.jpg
    IMG_7524.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 78

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368596905441.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368596905441.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 101
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368596931489.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368596931489.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 100
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368596949151.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368596949151.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 101
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368596962623.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368596962623.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 104
Removal. It was popping while I waited for the crew. Used 1 GRCS and a block to support that leader and the other to lower brush. Made the job a cinch

Outstanding!

Thanks boss!

Nice work and cool looking crane truck.

Thanks! You should see the new 45 tonner they just finished repairing.. It was actually a rollover that they purchased and rebuilt the entire truck. It is gorgeous. A little big for tree work though, 2 drop axles make it a little tough to get in driveways for residential work.

Back