The Official Work Pictures Thread

I thought I'd post some more pics of my all in one unit again, as I heard someone mentioned there's a member over on Tree Buzz who started a thread on advice for a one man operation.

I never have posted there before and never frequent it. Anyone's welcome to transfer my pics over there.

Man, I should try to dig up this vid that used to be on the internet a few years ago. This beaver falls a pretty good sized Aspen or something on is buddy who was workin the strip along side of him. He appearantly didn't get hurt, but he looked pretty ticked. It was part of an amazing documentary on beavers.

That would be cool Jed. I've done a ton of beaver chewed trees. PITA they can be.

I've done a ton of beaver chewed trees. PITA they can be.
We don't have many beavers here, the gators eat 'em, but I've seen some giant cottonwoods on the land we hunt in Illinois that were similar to Jed's pic. Pretty amazing to me. If only we could instill a beaver's work ethic into the young people of America.;)

Did some big spruce stumps today at the lake. I forgot my phone so my customer took some pics of me off her deck and emailed them to me.
Nothing exciting, as you can see lake is still frozen solid.

DSC_0073.jpg DSC_0072.jpg DSC_0071.jpg DSC_0070.jpg

Good Rajan. Those buckets are over 10 years old. The big Brute is my twig and pure chip bucket but I fill it half full with grinder mulch/dirt and still able to chuck it into the side door of the trailer box.
When the box is empty or near empty I drive my barrow right inside and dump as much as I can, then resort to the buckets when the box is half full.

Still frozen!

What lake is that Willard?

Liz Lake Mick, just across the road from Paint Lake. It'll be a while before Paint Lake Marina gets their floating docks put in. Might be July before I can run my boat. So I guess I'll just keep focused on working.
Cleaned up the unit this morning and now back to a poplar removal for the afternoon.

20160425_100417-1.jpg

Thanks, I'll have a look on google earth.
Bog standard fir removal today, spike it, strip it, chip it, fell it, log it, move it, tip it, grind it, collect the cheque. Home in time for Dangermouse.

Bit boring but lucrative, nice day as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 66
T'was nice.
The lad on the grinder is in full sulk mode lately.
I reckon he'll be on his way soon to pastures new. The glamour of tree work is starting to fade.

IMG_20160425_102802.jpg

IMG_20160425_105802.jpg

IMG_20160425_135456.jpg

A storm damaged birch. Kinda windy today, solo, took the precaution of securing the tree a bit with a ladder and two other anchor points. Down safely, and thanks to Pinterest, HO clean up! Leave long pieces!

Here Jed, enjoy.
5676fc8c9227510c6e68e7c6e1884387.jpg
856507995364750b6f3a71a0ce2be014.jpg
3bc6bca9e86f10e24a2e904560bc88c5.jpg
dc31b6d0abbf9dcd6ad2928140a30357.jpg

Here Jed, enjoy.

No problem, brother... but now that camera on the stump's got me hungry for some vid. :popcorn: Man, those Lake of the Woods firs have some tight grain... swung that thing like nothing else by the looks of it. Now that's a super weird little rot section in the other one... almost looks like the tree grew around its own spike-knot or something.

Shot some stump pics myself, today. Weirdest day at the Seattle Arboretum... started out literally dragging some really gnarly Cretageous Hawthorn through a veritable swamp in the rain. The boys were in chipper moods and making a joke out of our miserable day. Then we ended by cracking some nice Cedars in half in the sunshine, and the boys didn't even have to drag... just stack up the limbs along-side the trail... but now everyone's as glum as Mick's grinder lad. Man, human emotion is a weird animal sometimes...

unnamed-686.jpg unnamed-689.jpg unnamed-690.jpg unnamed-691.jpg

That's Andy and Christian the Atheist down there... just as sulky as can be. Some tight little shots out there. Weird back-cut first top...it's a little goofy having to nip out the face after the back-cut's already in.

unnamed-687.jpg

This was an Apple... I'm not kiddn'ya... probably 21" across the stump...

Attachments

• unnamed-688.jpg
    unnamed-688.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 65
  • unnamed-685.jpg
    unnamed-685.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 64
No problem, brother... but now that camera on the stump's got me hungry for some vid. :popcorn: Man, those Lake of the Woods firs have some tight grain... swung that thing like nothing else by the looks of it. Now that's a super weird little rot section in the other one... almost looks like the tree grew around its own spike-knot or something.

Shot some stump pics myself, today. Weirdest day at the Seattle Arboretum... started out literally dragging some really gnarly Cretageous Hawthorn through a veritable swamp in the rain. The boys were in chipper moods and making a joke out of our miserable day. Then we ended by cracking some nice Cedars in half in the sunshine, and the boys didn't even have to drag... just stack up the limbs along-side the trail... but now everyone's as glum as Mick's grinder lad. Man, human emotion is a weird animal sometimes...

View attachment 69771View attachment 69772View attachment 69773View attachment 69774

That's Andy and Christian the Atheist down there... just as sulky as can be. Some tight little shots out there. Weird back-cut first top...it's a little goofy having to nip out the face after the back-cut's already in.

View attachment 69776

This was an Apple... I'm not kiddn'ya... probably 21" across the stump...

The swing tree was uprooted in the snow, settled back enough to swing it away from the Doug that stopped.
That other decay is RV blight.
Video isn't very exciting one video had 2 trees, both easy drops. The swing tree I'm not even in the screen :dur: and the big stub my hard hat occasionally pops into the bottom of the screen. : double: : dur:

Lol@ Mick....

Windy here too. Throwing some tops off some 130-140 ish Sugar pines and a squall moved it. Hail, snow, distant flashes. Threw ropes in them, tossed the tops and bailed. Hit the ground, wind died and the sun came out

Attachments

• tmp_7063-20160425_103740-102862472.jpg
    tmp_7063-20160425_103740-102862472.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 57
  • tmp_7063-20160425_103717-497416994.jpg
    tmp_7063-20160425_103717-497416994.jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 59
Crazy Stephen, glad u made it down safe!!

Nothing like throwing Golden pines around lol ;)

Back