The Official Work Pictures Thread

Jed, what is your objection(s)?

Mostly the ambiguity surrounding the customer's expectations. Our Davey salesmen don't help. They act like the leyland is a giant piece of green play-dough. Then the tree-guy comes out and explains the aesthetic difficulties of "reducing the sides by four feet." Then the lady calls the salesman back...

I dunno... it just seems like every hedge I ever do requires 45 minutes of deliberation before I can even get started, and even then, the customer is frequently not elated with the end result.

That Fir looks like a pita.

Rich: Cinder blocks? That's a new one on me, brother. Nice stump. You can see how the holding-wood stagger misdirected the log, eh?

Dozens of em Jed. I could go on....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 47
Green gold Butch. That last one is the length of 2 1/2 soccer pitches, and I did most of it in a day. Made good coin on it.

As Peter says, green gold... unfortunately i only got the day rates i charge for this one.

Wider than it looks, 2 climbers 3 days and my mate Stu went back for a couple of hours on a Saturday. Tangled to fook it was!

Hedges like this are measured in Misery's. 1 Misery equals 1 climber up for a day.

That hedge was 6 and a quarter Misery's long. :(

Attachments

• **** 1.jpg
    **** 1.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 65
  • **** 2.jpg
    **** 2.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 65
I remember that one Rich from a while back.
They're very hard work, cut, chuck, cut, chuck.
In the uk they are sometimes called Paylandii or the Mortgage tree.
Few firms can afford to turn their noses up at them.

Never thought of that. Makes sense though, still, a nice hedge looks a lot better than a nice fence.

I am not sure what kind of tree they use in NZ, but some of them were 40 feet tall and I doubt you could shoot a gun through them they were so dense.

Sort of a shelter belt/privacy hedge all in one.

They imported a bush called gaorse (sp?) thats how it sounds, not sure how it is spelled, that was used instead of fences. It got away and is now a huge weed problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorse_in_New_Zealand

You just have to switch off. On the upside its pretty safe, all weather work.

Exactly. Some days when the weather is bad some jobs are a pain. If it a leylandii hedge take down or reduction, you just get on with it.

That one I posted, in a strange sadistic way was quite enjoyable once you start to see the progress you are making.

For those of you who do tall hedges, look into the articulated stilts that Sherrill sells.
The are the cat's ass for that.

We do hedges about 2 months a year, since logging is ( Rather, used to be!) dead in summer.
Compared to logging, it doesn't even seem like work and the money is good.

Only problem is, it is in the city, mostly ( Copenhagen) and while the view ( Women) is arguably better than in the woods, after a couple of weeks, I REALLY want to go back out where I can pee against a tree and not offend anybody, because there is no-one around to offend.

Call out last thing this afternoon on the other side of the city, not the first time I've been called out to this tree.

First throw and got the bag stuck, second throw with the rope bingo.

Attachments

• 20160323_172310.jpg
    20160323_172310.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 20160323_173255.jpg
    20160323_173255.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 59
Dozens of em Jed. I could go on....

As Peter says, green gold... unfortunately i only got the day rates i charge for this one.

Wider than it looks, 2 climbers 3 days and my mate Stu went back for a couple of hours on a Saturday. Tangled to fook it was!

Hedges like this are measured in Misery's. 1 Misery equals 1 climber up for a day.

That hedge was 6 and a quarter Misery's long. :(

Um, smh awful work to do, imho. But more power to you gents for cranking it out!! Are you climbing in the hedge or using ladders or what? How do you keep it level? Thanks.

Ahhh you poor gentlemen... yet somehow I feel better now: thanks!

And yet... in thinking about my fine-pruning job tomorrow after looking at Reg's helicopter gig... I'd be more than content if the world just exploded.

Just chippin in morning for a friend of Bixler's, ....meduim size live oak removal....he needed a chip truck and chipper, chips need to be hauled off, no broadcasting...

Then climbed/removed a small dead tree in back yard for an old Lady after chip job

Pimp my ride...F450 and 9" Bandit getting it done.....

OVTHJ9r.jpg

Bf6i6Mt.jpg

Geez, you have Brendan V jealous of that fine ride!

How can a tree truck be that clean!!

Back