The Official Work Pictures Thread

I'm the same Sean, I enjoy Japanese maples so much I used to try to schedule myself to prune them when those jobs came in.

I watched the one out of my kitchen window for a while before pruning it. Went from a neglected mess, to something birds fly into and perch.

...which reminds me of a raptor joke. Two eagles are sitting on a perch. One says to the other, "Do you smell fish?".

Guys here that prune all day everyday, man they are quick. Oddly, they don't much seem to have to look at the overall form to know what to snip. Kind of like barbers.

We have been working in Gjovik for the last two days. Had to fell about 15 trees yesterday. No clear up as the Kommune are doing that. One digger driver, one lorry driver and four blokes to stand about doing jack shit. No pictures of yesterday as we were running about trying to keep them busy.

Today we had an avenue of Pine trees to deadwood and a couple to be weight reduced on extended laterals to avoid break outs to snow loading. The Pines have also got Diplodia (sp) so we are having to prune out any signs of this so the whole avenue isn't effected. 3 of us did 24 trees I think it was. Not the tallest but full of shit, deadwood and PITA to get throw lines into.

The Kommune guys had even less to do today... Haha.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458662059.744343.jpg

Rich

I watched the one out of my kitchen window for a while before pruning it. Went from a neglected mess, to something birds fly into and perch.

...which reminds me of a raptor joke. Two eagles are sitting on a perch. One says to the other, "Do you smell fish?".
Love it!

nothing to big just a sweet gum removal close to home ..rigged about 1/3 of branches down...ezy pzy!

wAReTHYh.jpg

n0RLiR9h.jpg

Good one Scott. Sweetgum hinges like a door.

Speeking of pruning. Do any of you guys have to deal with this garbage?....

unnamed-641.jpg

Stuff like this makes me want to run my own outfit, or else go logg'n like Reg.

Uh yeah... "They" are: meaning, Andy and myself, Scott.

Probably sould have explained a bit before I pushed up the pic. This is a Leyland Cypress hedge. The lady wanted the height reduced by one third, thus the stubs (for a climb line) at the top. She also wants the sides taken in by four feet. One has to swing like a jack wagon (Jim's expression) from one's TIP in order to hand carve the stupid sides off. I'm half convinced to go logging as we speak.

Ha, lol Jed

Reg is going to have to check the back seat of that Heli copter, just might find you and probably many more of us treehousers sneeking in...lol

Bid this one today. Way down a bunch of steps. Limbs may or may not be jammed into the lake bed. Cracked the top off, did a number on the last section of the fancy dock. Douglas-fir with Laminated Root Disease uprooted in the wind recently. Nothing too bid. Capstan on a chainsaw powerhead may be handy. It might just float easily. See if the bid comes in. Gave the burn on beach option. No haul wood up steps option, only hand-split in place.

Attachments

• IMG_20160322_161958151[1].jpg
    IMG_20160322_161958151[1].jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 69
image.jpg image.jpg
One of the logs from today. Not sure if there was three separate trees or a tridom. Cut them all at the same level and was able to use the second "stump" to roll the third and biggest instead of using a snipe to avoid smacking another stump. Gutted the center to save on fiber pull for the log guy
image.jpg
This one grazed another stump and rolled a bit. They all had decent side lean which made the drop zone a bit tricky to hit.

image.jpg image.jpg
There must've been some ambitious youngsters in this area a few year ago. They had a load of bricks and block 15' feet up in this maple. Gas company didn't want the 30" diameter section of rotten silver maple hang over the ROW so I had to take it out. I couldn't make a cut any lower because of all the hardware in it.

Back