The Official Work Pictures Thread

Sorry I wasn't clear, I went back a week later and took it out.
The business relationship between me and the landscaper suffered a bit after that.
My fault.

hahaha...great story...I understand the smoking chimp a bit better now.:lol:

You do know that NONE of us have ever underbid a job? (chimp takes another drag, leans back and blows a smoke ring)

hahaha...great story...I understand the smoking chimp a bit better now.:lol:

You do know that NONE of us have ever underbid a job? (chimp takes another drag, leans back and blows a smoke ring)

OMG, lol!!:lol:

Mick: I love that pic of the chunk coming out! What kind of Fir was that? Looked like a Noble with too short of needles. Silver?

me, too.

True Fir will have flat needles. Spruce will have needles all around the the branch. I don't know the cross section. "you can't shake hands with mr. spruce." Pokey.

As conifers go, hemlocks droop (top tip is drooping over), and (western red) cedar swoops (downward angles on a lot of branches, with the tips curving up).

me, too.

True Fir will have flat needles. Spruce will have needles all around the the branch. I don't know the cross section. "you can't shake hands with mr. spruce." Pokey.

As conifers go, hemlocks droop (top tip is drooping over), and (western red) cedar swoops (downward angles on a lot of branches, with the tips curving up).

Doug-fir have trident brachs on their cones. Grand fir cones stand up tall, on top of the branches.

I think.

Clear as mud. Looked like a true Fir to me--I'm going with Silver. Nice tree Mick...really great shots.

Been a busy week at work here in Oslo. Storms for 3 days so doing a load of clearing up after them. Broken limbs in the parks and a few street tree failures.

Today though we had to Deadwood a grand old Norwegian Maple. Not the tallest of tree but had a fair bit or width on the old girl. It was a lovely climb SRT, lots or redirects but pretty slippery due to the moss on the limbs and lots of recent rain.

Yeah Mick, the property was Lovely. It was number 1 on the terrasse as it was the first one built. A huge block next to it had some pretty wealthy owners and one of them was too rich to park his car outside. The old dear told us he paid 2 Million Norwegian Krona (about 200,000 GBP) to have a garage built under the area where we parked our truck and then had the road reinstated. The builders smashed a load of the tree up and as a result of the planning permission they have to pay for the upkeep of the tree...

The rich old gentleman then went and popped his clogs before the project was completed. So not only was it a waste of money it was a waste of time and damaged the tree significantly. Hence the reason it is a bit lopsided.

651f6d4463213979f9f64eaf2d435199.jpg
70fb548e7dcb02d81fdb311dc6062972.jpg
18254b119c50b7de910647693ace9146.jpg

More on the root disease project. Gary found a ground nest of cold wasps. No stings. Will have to nuke in the morning when coldest.

Three more large trees to strip, wraptor lines set in two. From the top of one tree, it's easy to set a high TIP for the next.

Back