The Official Work Pictures Thread

Great pictures Andrey. Destroying misconceptions of Russia every time you post ;)

Sycamore discussion again...

'Our' sycamore is Acer pseudoplatanus

'Your' sycamore is Acer occidentalis, which is extremely close to what we call 'London Plane' (Platanus × acerifolia, London plane, London planetree, or hybrid plane, is a tree in the genus Platanus. It is usually thought to be a hybrid of Platanus orientalis (oriental plane) and Platanus occidentalis (American sycamore). Some authorities think that it may be a cultivar of P. orientalis)

Andrew, my best friend is married to a Russian woman.
I eat Russian food and drink Russian vodka with them all the time.
I took two years of Russian in college.

I'm ( mostly) pro-Russian.

I was making a joke, which your translation system missed entirely.
Based on the fact that during the cold war, American ( And the rest of us for that matter, but we were less gullible:lol:) weere told all these horror stories about the bad, bad communists.

Here is a video to prove that my heart is in the right place:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VJ9q7N5e25c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I hope you get that I'm still funning around.

Haha, I too love the red army choir. Ever since I saw Micheal Palin singing this with the Russian Pacific Fleet choir.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DuWE8GJnN5w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I should simply write it in German
Andrew speaks german real well.

If for whatever reason Russia unpleasant for Stig and Jay, for me will not be difficult not to appear here ... :)

Jap is pretty polite, it might throw you off. :lol:

Andrew, I'm not unhappy with your Russian people, where have i said that? Borscht is one of my favorites, and I know that we agree on potatoes! I wondered what Ed might have picked up at the forum about people feeling so, if that was his point. Things about Russia interest me, and I used to somewhat know a young Russian stripper that was over here working the only strip joint in the big town nearby. She was cool and hard working. Are you referring to the thread on the current Ukraine situation, or going as far back as Tsar Alexander? ;) I guess I should ask now though, are all Russians quick to jump to conclusions, then if they think that they find something that they think they disagree with, they will maybe go run off? Take it easy, man, you have a lot of friends here, including me. :) I've lived in enough places to see people apart from the countries where they live, and I also dislike nationalism. Watching the olympics bugs me, people waving all those dumb flags. I did root for Jamaica when they participated in the bobsled.

I hate the way sports always turn into nationalism.
Some Danish idiot is a bit better at eating drugs and riding a bicycle than a bunch of other idiots, and all of a sudden Denmarks is the best country in the world.
A small step to putting on the brown shirts and goosestepping down main street together from that.

Denmark has a very cool young driver just made it into F1. I'm looking forward to seeing Kevin Maggnesuns career develop over the next few years.

But here that is not being viewed as Kevin Magnusen making it into F1, but as DENMARK making it into F1.
Just as when an olympic athlete makes good, it is not seen as a personal victory but as a succes for THE NATION.

I find F1 boring these days, with all the restriction on the cars, so I hardly ever watch it.

But here that is not being viewed as Kevin Magnusen making it into F1, but as DENMARK making it into F1.
Just as when an olympic athlete makes good, it is not seen as a personal victory but as a succes for THE NATION.

I find F1 boring these days, with all the restriction on the cars, so I hardly ever watch it.

I find it more exciting than ever. The more the restrict the aero on the cars, the harder they get to drive. The skill level these days is very high. Especially since the new turbocharged hybrid power units have so much torque and so little aero to help push that power to the track.

I find it more exciting than ever. The more the restrict the aero on the cars, the harder they get to drive. The skill level these days is very high. Especially since the new turbocharged hybrid power units have so much torque and so little aero to help push that power to the track.

I think we've discussed this before.
I don't find the drivers interesting it is the cars that interest me.
Today they are all more or less alike.
Where are today's Auto union type D, Porsche 917, Brabham's flat 16 cylinder engine or Jaguar D-type, just to name a few?

Back