The Official Work Pictures Thread

Nice job, Jamie! Tight LZ for sure.

Yeah I have, Fred. Here is the machine comparable to the 540 with regards to weight and hp. Their tipping load is still quite low compared to the 540. A couple problems with a telescoping boom is you will certainly lose breakout force and the boom itself won't be as rigid/suitable for doing dirt or other heavy work.

Nice work Jamie! Tight LZ, excellent rigging, great climbing. Pretty sweet.

That's pretty frigging sweet Carl. Must be sweet when you have to change a tire on that haha. Or your dump trailer for that matter, I remember that pic of your 540 picking the ass end of your dump trailer off the ground.

My last two days me and groundsman and as always the clean up queen. Hang it and lower.
uploadfromtaptalk1359124584232.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1359124698142.jpg
The pollen well it sure makes a cloud! uploadfromtaptalk1359124824486.jpg
Good days with four more jobs from the same neighborhood. Watched by 3 kids that are homes schooled the entire day:D

:thumbup:
I had a dad and his son watch me put a line a 100 foot pondo with the big shot and then Wrapor up to about 80 feet. Just a little guy... I love entertaining the kids :)

We've been topping a linden alley the last couple of days.
Kind of nasty, since they wanted all the trees done to a certain height, instead of aiming for a chandelabra look, as is common on pollarded lindens.
The alley and house belongs to one of the castles where we do a lot of work, so " Their's not to wonder why......!

A few near the house had to be removed, one was about high time, I think.

Had to fall one and avoid having the butt smash a fence, a step dutchman and an obtuse snipe kicked it away from the fence.

BTW a forwarder beats the hell out of a Gehl any day IMO:lol:

P1020458.JPG P1020464.JPG P1020465.JPG P1020481.JPG P1020483.JPG P1020485.JPG P1020487.JPG P1020496.JPG P1020495.JPG P1020499.JPG P1020500.JPG

I never have gotten anyone up a tree with me yet that was at a work site. Katy is still first on the list. Seth has at home... Levi is still not quite there yet but tries. Lilly just free climbs everything, hard to keep her out of a tree. I finally got to climb at with another climber at a job this last year. I found that refreshing, as did he. We worked seperate trees, but the comraderie is nice. Tryibng to get one other tree guy and his wife to come play with me in a black oak out back and demo the Wraptor. People just don't follow through here in this town :(

Really nice pictures everyone. Love that shot of the snipe and such Stig. Seems like every week here there is something to learn :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I miss trimming with another man in the tree - it's been a long time. Even the biggest tree is no problemo when you team up. Nowadays, it's only me.

My mentor that helped me get this business off the ground used to come and climb for me a day a week. Usually Saturdays. We pruned many a tree together. It more then cuts the time in half. Those were some good times. We would laugh and talk and sail through the work. Plus, one guy could do the other favors like recrotch his line for him in a better spot if one guy was closer to the desired TIP.

I'm with you guys, I love having another climber in the tree with me. Or even adjacent trees. It seems to make everything easier and more enjoyable.

I took a 85 year old man full up in a Hi Ranger, he loved it!
I had my daughter aloft when she was about 13 years old .She loved it .Years later at a final tie in inspection of a cross country hi line the job super thought he could frighten her at 90 feet .Ha was he surprised .

How much did you get the trunk to swing with that dutchman and snipe, Stig?

'Bout 2 feet, which was enough. I just wanted it to go far enough that it wouldn't rebound and crush the fence.

I should have taken an " after" picture, but forgot about it in the excitement.
That tree had to fit into one of the tightest lays I've ever gone for. A dog fence on one side, another on the other side that I had to miss with the side of the crown and we'd estimated that the lowest branches would just clear the roof on the entrance of the house.
Pretty nerve wracking, but it fit precisely with not 10" to spare either side. Trying to kick the butt to one side while making a super precise fall is not easy, as you have to compensate a bit for the rotation induced by the step dutchman.
If there are people watching, we always act cool, but we were just us, so I had both Richard and Martin slapping my back.
That tree left me with a glow that lasted the rest of the day.
You know the feeling, when you use all your accumulated skills to pull something off and it actually works.:D

Back