The Official Work Pictures Thread

Took out a hollow / top broken out maple in a backyard overhanging the deck. Used 2 climbing systems in the adjacent poplar for experimentation. Could have been taken in 2 cuts rigged to the poplar as well.

Next door neighbor (to the removal) had me thin and slightly raise what I believe to be a red maple. It was previously cut back really hard. It’s an Acer that thinks it’s a Callary.

Got a small cherry removal for her other neighbor for a later date.

Attachments

• IMG_9247.jpeg
    IMG_9247.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9246.jpeg
    IMG_9246.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9244.jpeg
    IMG_9244.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9245.jpeg
    IMG_9245.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 8
If it works for Max then all good. I would never cut with vehicles passing underneath

Nope, couldn't handle the Cyrillic letters.
I mean, I can read them but it takes effort.

Off plumbing job today. Took out a long dead hemlock for an older couple I love. Richard (homeowner) is standing in front of the tree. He’s kept his British accent and lingo despite being in the States for a great many years. He planted all the trees in the background and a great many more. Kept them from getting browsed upon by the great many deer in the area.

Went to daughter’s school for “learn with me”. Hung out for 3 subjects. They were using a ruler in math. I showed her and her work partner the “ and ‘ designating inches and feet. They quickly erased my work and told me that’s not how they do it 🤷‍♂️.

Oldest had his first flag football game. Insanely busy fields, 3 food vendors, artificial turf, stadium lighting, massive parking lot. I hope he gets passed to and played routinely as the whole team, besides him and my nephew, play tackle football together. We’re going to have to work on his catching skills while running.

Attachments

• IMG_9319.jpeg
    IMG_9319.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 7
  • Resized_20240324_165449_1711314015301.jpeg
    Resized_20240324_165449_1711314015301.jpeg
    770.2 KB · Views: 7
Can you orient the rings sideways or do they always end up like that when the load hits?

You also might try adding hefty steel rigging carabiner to the ring for the rope to run in, in that situation...that arrangement likely would stand somewhat proud from the trunk and allow an unimpeded run.

Similar to adding a biner to the big ring on an adjustable friction saver to ease retrieval, when the FS is mounted on a large vertical stem.

Blocks are better on the rope anyways, efficiency is a thing. I'm kinda surprised they haven't made a giant radius one yet, one that was actually designed to give the recommended bend radius and support the rope better, basically a non spinning pulley shape. More bulky yes but better for rigging properly as far as the rope is concerned.

And a block has a better bend radius with far less friction, allowing more of the rope to be loaded, spreading the load over more than just the end.

Back