The Official Work Pictures Thread

Depends if I have the GPS or it or not. Currently it doesn't, so if it flew out of range it would do it's on thing as best I know. With the GPS it would return to the point I had set when I turned the hexacopter on and land.

Nice, although this hexacopter is all I want to handle... maybe a bit more. I have enough to learn as it is, and the hexacopter is finicky enough as it is. I'll have to put a gimbal on the bottom of it to carry the camera to get rid of the vibration. On the airport job I'm currently doing doesn't require much climbing like I thought I would, so I haven't had the time to capture aerial footage like I'd thought. I'll have other jobs obviously to capture that footage, and other things to spend $10k on. :lol:

How to fit a 120' pine in a 70' hole.......

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tBw1YczrOck" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I assume you had a notch in it halfway and another line at the top?

Wraptored up half way and made a notch facing backwards and made the back(front?) cut leaving a 2-3" hinge. Felt a bit spooky coming down with that thing half cut?? Yes I had a rope in the top tied off behind..

Getting unloaded today.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HWfFXkONaFQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow, I've never seen a crane like that.

Hey, how's your Pops doing nowadays? All healed up?

Na, but he's as good as he's going to get. He can drive and amble about, takes care of the property etc.

Thanks for asking. :))

Paul, if you make your back cut by setting two overlapping cut ( like a snap cut), so the wood has to break along the fibers, it'll hold the top securely untill it meets enough resistance to break while the tree is going over.
I love the folding tree trick and it always impresses the hell out of homeowners and bystanders:D

Geez, stig, that sounds an awful lot like a cut a certain master of the universe might advise!?! :lol:

Some of us repollarding some willows down by the lake, we bought a small 3" bearcat with a honda motor...my first chipper haha! The thing takes a while, but it works. The alternative on that job would have been to drag everything 150' and up 3 flights of stairs to process. And the clients were sold on using the chips and wood for their lanscaping purposes. The trees have been hacked time and again, but I hope now that I've got a hold of them that I can re pollard them every 2 years or so and develop some cool looking pollard heads. There were some shoots that had previously grafted that I cut just past the fusion just to see what it'll look like next time. Like an experiment. Then a red oak I pruned.

099.jpg 100.jpg 102.jpg 103.jpg 104.jpg 107.jpg 110.jpg

Now some td's! Lombo, and walnut.

079.jpg 080.jpg 081.jpg 083.jpg 084.jpg 086.jpg 088.jpg 089.jpg 092.jpg 093.jpg 096.jpg 097.jpg

I guess it does, at that:lol:

Nice pollard job. I'll look forward to seeing it next time you re-pollard it.

We started the day by removing a couple of hazard trees. Martin, the apprentice, got to test to outer limits of what a 24" saw can cut.
And managed to ding the roof of his car with a flying branch, even though we were dead certain we'd parked far enough away.
So much for dead certain!

P1020452.JPG P1020455.JPG P1020457.JPG P1020456.JPG

Back