The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

Hi Andrew, welcome! I've been looking for someone in the Treehouse that can talk about potatoes. I have Ukranian blood.

Hello! This is a resident of Belorus necessary to talk about potatoes, and a resident of the Ukrainian people usually say about the fat ... Well, I'm from Russia, and with me you can talk about potatoes, and bacon, ...and vodka ...))

There's a lot of subtlety in potatoes, the different types. I harvested three varieties this year. Hash browns every morning.... I like 'shochu', a distilled alcoholic beverage similar to vodka. It can be made from different ingredients, including sweet potatoes. Cheap and low caloric content. The law says it can't be higher than 25% alcohol content.

There's a lot of subtlety in potatoes, the different types. I harvested three varieties this year. Hash browns every morning.... I like 'shochu', a distilled alcoholic beverage similar to vodka. It can be made from different ingredients, including sweet potatoes. Cheap and low caloric content. The law says it can't be higher than 25% alcohol content.

Each country has its own laws, but Professor Mendeleev in 1865 concluded that the ideal alcohol content of 40% (on the subject, he wrote his doctoral dissertation). )) But everyone has their own tastes, and no accounting for tastes. I personally drink alcohol very rarely and in small doses.

I wonder what the 40% ideal is based upon? That seems quite high. I'm not a big drinker either, unless it is right in front of me, then I can gobble it down. When it runs out, I don't even think about it unless somebody says, "You want some more?" Must be something in the blood, no big drinkers that I can ever recall in my family, I mean in terms of requiring it.

Some potatoes can be stored longer than others. If i space out the types with eating them in the best order, I can almost have a harvest last until the next one. Heres a good tip for people keeping potatoes... If you put a couple apples in with them, the eyes won't develop into sprouts, or very minimal growth. Something in the gas that the apples put out.

Hi guys just wanted to introduce myself, My name is Tim and I work with Fred. Since Fred sucks at teaching me new things I have come here to learn I think I've learned more in the last hour that I have in the last 4 years that I've been working with Fred. :) Looking forward to talking to all of you!

Welcome to the TreeHouse, Tim! My name is Butch, I'm the sheriff round here.

Make yourself at home! :beer:

Welcome, Tim. Tell Nick to scooch over and make some room for you on the couch.

munchstretchcouch2.gif

We sometimes have a habit of flogging dead horses around here, so you should fit right in.

Welcome.

Tim is a good fella, I have known him for more than 10 years. He thinks he is a part time comedian, so try not to take his sarcastic nature the wrong way. :)

Hi Tim, one post? Did they scare you off?:)

Hello! My name is Andrew! I am from Russia, St.Peterburg. And I have very bad English and ask you not use slang.

G'day mate, how you goin'?

Sorry I didn't get around to saying welcome earlier Andrew but I've been a bit busy lately. It seems you have been looking in for a while, so did I. 8)

Ah yes, the Green Continent a lot of people don't know that. I know quite a bit about Russia as well.8)

It costs a lot to be green, a lot of people would rather we stayed the Sunburnt Country.

It's a good poem, don't know how you'll go with full version. I'm Steve by the way. http://allpoetry.com/poem/8526595-My_Country-by-Dorothea_Mackellar

I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror -
The wide brown land for me!

Hey guys thanks for welcoming me. Fred has us working like slaves over here! I more of a reader then a writer but I'm working on that.

Back