The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

Thanks Guys

I'll try and throw a few pics up in the work thread tonight

Welcome Steve. Checked out your pictures and I must say it appears you've found the right place. Pull up a chair and set for a spell. :)

Hello all,

I'm from CT, Gary in CT, and been lurking a bit. I was checking out climbing saws, 192T, 200T, 201T. Don't really need one as I am just a weekend warrior. Liked the small size and top handle. Need to get in the trees a bit, thought it would be more manageable.
Happened upon this site, you guys are amazing. Scaaarrrry stuff you guys do, you sure got big ones. They say my job as a firefighter is dangerous. Compared to what you do my job is a walk in the park. Anyway, thanks for all the great info. I just scored a brand new 200T. That was based largely on what I read here. A lot of 201T's in my area no 200T's. After calling several states I got lucky and got one in Maine. I have a summer home there so its not that much out of my way. Found some in Montana, they won't ship (Stihl policy). Been enjoying the reading here, plan to stick around a while. Learning a lot of stuff but too chicken to try most of it.

Firefighters and tree guys must have similar blood lines. I know a few firefighters that do tree work on the side, and I know a few tree guys that volunteer for the deparment on the side. Welcome Gary!

Thanks for the welcome

My brother just stopped over and gave me a lot of decent rigging. He is a steel worker has worked on big dams and bridges. Gave me a harness, lanyard, chain positener, and heavy duty wire fall arrestor. All I asked him for was a lanyard as I had the belt. I guess I could now dress the part, but I know I can't do the walk. Will be taking baby steps for a long time. At least I can now get my sorry butt off the ladder and on the limbs with the ability to tie myself off with some big league rigging. Think I leave the chainsaw forum for a while and check on some of the rigging stuff.

Gary in CT

Read the entire TreeHouse, not just a few subforums. Take advantage of the "unread posts" in the upper right side of the age. Click on it to see all the threads.

I guess i completely missed this thread.

I'm Nick Bonner and i work as crew leader/foreman for a small tree service here in N.E. Ohio.

I am still somewhat new to the business but i was an industrial climber/foreman (read: cell phone towers and such) before i got into trees and in sales before that. An avid rockclimber, i have always been at home on a rope with or without tools. So i combined those skills and learned how to use a chainsaw and the rest as they say has been history.

Been digging the forums a lot and look forward to learning lots from all you pros.

Welcome, Nick. You stumbled upon a pretty cool place with an abundance of talent. Mostly it's a place to hang out and kick back after work, but there's still quite a bit of shop talk with lots of knowledge gems scattered about.

hello everyone,
I'm Joe I've been visiting the forms for awhile now, I'm no pro I do climb a little, I'm here to read and learn a few things.

Back