The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

not upside down only on my side and I pulled most of the door that I caved in you can hardly tell now:/:

Its always really great to see folks coming back to the TreeHouse.
Welcome.

I just learned that my friend Paul has been lurking here. Some of you may know him from rec. climbs in the past.

He is a great friend of mine. I will talk to him about not lurking and introduce himself.

Thanks for the welcome, guys. After looking at several pages here, I finally stumbled upon this thread, called "Welcome new members," and skipped to the last page, to my surprise, people are saying hi! That's great, I can't remember experiencing that on the other sites (AS, TB).

I will try to keep up with you all, but the post counts are so high, it reminds me of pinball scores in the 90s, when machines in the 80s had high scores of 10000 or so, the 90s had millions. You got a million points just for putting a quarter (maybe it was .50 by the 90s?) in. But I see I only have 6 (now 7) posts, so I guess they are real numbers?

Do you get bonus posts for becoming a sponsor? Sorry if this is covered elsewhere, I am still exploring the site.

Post count don't mean chit around here. Butch sometimes plays with the numbers to reinforce that point. ;)

Make yourself at home, you can put your feet up on the coffee table but don't track mud all over the place. Cold beer is in the fridge, just pitch in and replace some of it once in a while.

Don't worry about the sponsor thing yet. No need to feel obligated, some of us just feel like giving back a little once in a while. We're pretty laid back here. The two house rules are 'no hating' and 'don't be a dick'. 8)

And despite the House rules I'm still allowed to hang around anyways.:D

Welcome Winch

And yes post count don't mean nothing.

Hey Winch. Welcome. Numbers don't account for content. Often though there is some correlation between posts and activity and good advice or laughs.

Much more commentary here and hanging around in the "Garage" like guys shooting the poop and talking shop about the day without it being a lot of technical questioning and answering. One of the nice parts of the community at the TreeHouse.

htpd43 and Tom. Welcome and welcome back.

Tom, I think that I must have come to the TH after you started your absence. Just got my new site login and posts reset, but have been reading/ posting for about a year.

My name is Sean, and my screen name is shortened version of my company name. Small business in the PNW, just hit 3 years.

Hey there. Just thought I would introduce myself. I own a small tree service here in NW Washington and have been in business for myself since 2004. Started out in the logging industry after some time in the military. Decided I would try the college thing and figured out that wasn't for me. Was doing tree work on the side during college and ended up ditching college and doing tree work full time for myself. Enough about myself, just thought I would finally join the site after finding it awhile back.

Back