The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

I'm free at last!

Glad to have found you guys.My free thought and inability to be politically correct got me evicted in my last place of residency.

My name is Steve Slater and I am co owner of J&S Tree Removal and Tractor Work in Glastonbury Ct,just outside of Hartford.I also work with a couple of other great friends of mine who also own their own tree services.

I'm a self taught climber of a couple years but I have been into tree work for about 20 years.I'm also a mechanic and welder/fabricator.I was born in Lapeer Michigan and lived for many years in the Knoxville TN area.I have family and great friends in both locations and still frequent both often.

I never claimed to know everything but i know a lot.I'll gladly admit when I'm wrong but i won't sugar coat anything or bullshit you.Just blunt and to the point with some sarcasm thrown in for entertainment.I love to learn new things and don't mind being corrected when needed.I am always available to help anyone in any way I can.My cell is 860-916-3290 if the need to contact me arises.

I'm not really addicted to anything besides tree work.I love it and cannot get enough of it.

Don't preach to me about not having enough PPE and I won't preach to you about having too much.

If you have a problem with me,I am the best person to talk to about it.

I look forward to seeing the guys I already know and meeting those of you I don't. Thanks,Steve Slater

Welcome, Steve. Glastonbury is a quaint little town. I was born there and still have relatives there. My uncle owns the NAPA auto parts store. :D

it ain't so quaint anymore.

Welcome, Steve. Glastonbury is a quaint little town. I was born there and still have relatives there. My uncle owns the NAPA auto parts store. :D

i know the Napa well. who is you uncle? Donny or Neal?

well,i was born at Lapeer General but .............

Steve, Welcome ! I live 15 miles south of Lapeer.

i lived in Metamora.i still love that area.no one i grew up with seems to be there any more.was a great place to grow up.it's a shame they are widening the M-24.that was a beautiful drive.

i also lived in Oxford and Lake Orion,as well as Clarkston.i have family still in Clarkston and Holly.hope to be there for some spring fishing.i've never had more fun fishing or hunting than in Michigan.Cadillac area is the best snowmobiling.Salmon fishing on the Little Betsy outside of Frankfort is another memory i will always cherish.

i haven't seen Neal in a while.

Neal. Tell him Brian says hello. :)

i'm sure i'll see him when the warm weather shows up.Donny is running it now.great people.I'll tell him when i see him.

Gday

My name is simon,I live and work in sydney Australia.I have climbed for over 10 years and really enjoy my job.Saying that though, if i can fell it i will, so we can all go home earlier.
It's raining here today so Im going to trowel through this site.
Seeya!

Back