The official "Welcome New Members" thread!

welcome all new comers hope you enjoy yourself here kick back and have fun

Sorry for not signing in here first (poor observation skills on my part...not so good for a climber eh?!) Hello to all from (very) sunny North Queensland Oz.
G'day;)

Sean

Hey everyone,

I've been checking out treebuzz for the past few weeks and then found this forum indirectly from there. I like the feel of the Tree House, although I might be the youngest one on here.

Welcome AROB! We've got a few young'uns here pretty close to your age, I think.

Cool avatar, how did you get that picture?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nope, I'm up for the day. My foot only lets me get 2 to 3 hours sleep a night. I'll be glad when the pins and needles finally go away. I'll get a couple of naps in during the day.

Cool avatar, how did you get that picture?[/QUOTE]

I like your avatar better, leon. I had a friend snap this picture of me while we were messing around on a frozen lake. It was in Anchorage right after it snowed and the whole surface of the lake looked like this. I believe the cracks around my feet are from an old ice fishing hole.

-A. ROB

Welcome to ya AROB, and SeanFreeman, glad to have ya here. AROB lil_oak_tree has ya beat by a few years for the youngest, and Sean I think it is more important to hang on when climbing, but that's just me. Agian WELCOME your going to like it here.
See Ya
Mike

Welcome, welcome, Mr. Beranek...glad you made it to the House.

We're all pulling for you...and looking forward to getting to know you a bit better.

Still not sure what I want to be when I grow up...

...but right now I'm having a blast learning to climb and doing something useful once I get up there!

Got started a little over a year ago. Part-time / self-taught (but signed up for a local course next month where I expect to learn a lot). Climb for a friend who's trying to start an excavation/light sitework business and frequently gets asked to remove trees and limbs. That's where I fit in. He's great w/ the equipment, but is afraid of heights.

There sure is a lot to learn, so I hope you guys will put up w/ the occasional bone-head / newbie question. Not sure where this new "occupation" is going - all I know is I really enjoy the work and hope to do a lot more in the future.

Tom

Welcome Tom. Any guy who starts out here with a picture of his dog as his avatar has got to be a good guy right ;) .

Back