The Official Random Video Thread!

Shipping would suck the hairy moose lips, Fiona...but looking at this one, and a few others in AUS, might make it attractive, hard as that is to believe.

This one would cost no more that half here compared to there, after exchange rate computation.

Here's a local example...natural aspiration instead of the supercharged, but still a fine automobile...

Let me know if you need a local agent. I have been successful in the past a time or two :D.

While I've been staying at home, trying to become an actual person again after my accident, I've watched some cooking videos, trying to improve.

This one really had me drooling:

Stig, just tonight Melanie made her fettuccini alfredo ala lemon. Fresh squeezed juice, and zest, from a large lemon added to her standard alfredo sauce. Served with our home made fresh fettuccini. Fresh parsley from the garden.

Stupendous.

Man, that is kicking someone who is already on the ground.
I had really looked forward to eating with you two.
Had even done some research in Oregon Pinot noir, so I could treat you to a bottle of the best.

Well, let us hope for next year.

Since Daniel Murphy called the moon landing fake, I've been looking at videos of it.

This one takes me right back to when it happened.
My parents were building a house on a new property, which was basically a muddy field.
We didn't have a TV then and actually never since, so I walked over to anopther house , where they had acamper set up, with a TV.
Asked if I could watch and was welcomed inside.

That is where I saw the moon landing.

Those 3 guys have been heroes of mine ever since.

I remember watching at my Uncle's house in Maine with a lot of other folks too. It was late at night, true? There was a big party going on as was usually the case there. My uncle was an extremely funny man ( and his two twin sons are too, ftr, lol) and when the astronauts said they found a purple rock, he went into a big riff about, 'Oh wow, they found a purple rock, the whole adventure is worth it now'.. Ya hadda be there, everyone was howling.:drink:

For me, this landing of the booster back on the barge is the BEST part! It is just sooooo amazing, the planning, engineering and technology just awesome.
I saw a space shuttle launch once from Daytona Beach...we were over in the States working on our boat in the slipyard at Ponce Inlet...cool even from that far away.

HOLY EFFING WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That was incredible.
Wouldn't have believed that was possible.
Good to see America is getting up front in the space race.

It's like a video game....so perfect. I remember in the early days NASA had airplanes HOPING to catch a glimpse of the chute lowering the Mercury capsules thru the sky....now they thread the needle onto a tiny barge...in rolling seas...and the thing not only lands but does not fall over??? Humans can be so cool. I love smart people.

HOLY EFFING WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That was incredible.
Wouldn't have believed that was possible.
Good to see America is getting up front in the space race.

Stuck the landing...pretty rough sea no less.

Stig wish we could take credit for that. If America paid all expenses I would love to but I think a bunch of the sharps that made that happen were paid for by private money. Or at least they did a workaround the bureaucratic choke hold of NASA.

Right.
One can only hope that a success like this can start the money flowing to NASA again.
I'm hoping we get back to the Moon before I'm not here to see it.

This really shows how Deutschland was " Bombed back to the stone age". Some amazing footage.

Back