The Official Random Video Thread!

Hmm, when I added the, "&t=8m38s" to this, "MEDIA=youtube]AfaYwZWWFX4[/MEDIA" (brackets removed to prevent it from simply posting the vid), it dint work.

You need to start from scratch, and remove the media tags entirely. If you post the whole url with the timestamp appended, the forum will perform it's javascript magic, and insert it starting at the correct time.

Spoken like a true American.
It is all about the horsepower, the ability to corner doesn't matter at all.

Well Stig, in fairness, their cars have evolved to suit their needs. Same as the tree equipment.

Factors like cost of fuel, size of streets, speed limits affect how designers build and consumers buy.

It is a bit like divergent evolution in nature (if you believe in evolution of course! Gotta respeck those beliefs)

I prefer twisty roads, straight ones are too boring, too easy to get mesmerised...besides I like to drive, not always be on cruise control

Twisty roads are more than half the fun in driving a supercharged Jag :D.

Now here I have to share with my good friend Stig that he is deeply uninformed regarding the current state of the art of US built automobiles at the end of the market we are discussing.

A new US model Corvette like Mick's BIL owns, Cadillac's CTS, Chevrolet's Camaro, even Dodge's Challenger...all handle far better than the average automobile. That Corvette will drive circles around my Jag.

Not to say the Corvette is a better car...the Jaguar is so much more on the esthetics scale in my eyes, there is no question which is the better car for me. But in this rarefied air of automobiles, the top end new US models are right up there, imo. Never would have guessed it would be so 10-15 years or more ago, but it is today.

Last edited:
Everyone deserves a Jag at least once in life!
I really regret selling my 1962 Jag XKE... It was old style Lucas electrics, and you'd work on it three days a week to drive it the other four, but it was so much fun to drive, even with the non-synchro gearbox.

Stephen, when it's time for me to drive, I'm tired. Twisty roads are a workout, both for a driver and a vehicle. Hard on tires, brakes, suspension, and most of all me. :lol: it's nothing but cornfields here, no cool mountains, just flat clay with a random creek or river here and there. Straight flat roads are attainable here!!@

You otta try it with almost 8000 # of chipper behind a pick up :drink:

Actually, i love twisty turning roads in a car made for it. One of my old hobbies was road racing back when.

I could see that. But I've never owned a car!!! :lol: my long bed, 4 door dually likes straight stuff hahahahahaha

I suppose you are right, Jer...except that I have it on good authority that you drive like a 90 year old granny, and that's a hazard to the rest of us :P.

:D

Ooohhh smackdown!!!

And yes B I agree, I'll lookout for my Jag in the mail shall I? :)

Back