The Joke/Funny Pic/Video Thread

SpZRIiV.jpg

I think changing tables have a belt and buckle on them for just that purpose.

That was kinda ridiculous. One at a time there. Put one of them on the floor and let them crawl or walk around while dressing the other, then switch.
I wonder if that might be an uncle or something lol a dad should have figured it out.

I usually do the leg over the chest to pin the shoulders if they refuse to cooperate. They usually cooperate :lol: we have a really nice changing table, it's now a plant stand and we just change them on the floor, it's faster and easier usually.

I still do a lot of math in my head or on paper. I know resistance is futile but I’m not assimilating to be a borg quite yet

I always hated math. Since the plant job I can see grams per minute flows on a meter and in my head figure out how many pounds of whatever I’ll need to not piss off the next shift.

Also figure out and weigh my own pigment paste hits to fix concentrations on makeups. I shouldn’t do it, but the lab girl is even dumber than me and it’s faster and easier this way.

Doing math in one's head, or the lack of ability to do so :)...reminds me of my long ago days of running tree planting crews on US Forest Service lands.

To set the stage for understanding my point...6 or even 7 days a week, getting up at 2:30 am, load out seedlings and meet the contract planting crew at 4:30 am, drive an hour or even more to the planting site, work hard physical labor 8 to 9 hours, drive the hour back to the station, spend another hour on restock, records, and daily email report to the contract officer.

Drag home, shower and feed yourself the wonderful (though often reheated) dinner my magnificent wife has fixed for us, fall into bed for hopefully maybe 5 hours sleep before the bell rings at 2:30 again.

Back to doing to the math in your head :). I was always able to measure just how sleep deprived I was getting by my ability, and increasing inability, to do relatively simple math in my head as the planting season lengthened.

An example: 12 planters x 225 trees per bagout=2700 trees per bagout. 4 bagouts x 2700 trees=10,800 trees. 10,800 trees divided by 24 acres (estimated from long experience, pacing grid, and WAG :)) = 450 trees per acre planted, average.

That's the sort of running in-head math a tree planting foreman must keep calculated.

At the beginning of the season, I could do this in my head, easily. At 3 weeks in, barely. 6 weeks in, not at all...had to write it all down, every bagout. 8 weeks in...don't even ask; I could barely find the ranger station at 3:30 am :D.

Last edited:
Back