The Garden Thread

I grow a few, I pick up some different ones from job sites. Birds Eye is the best, it's hot and small and the bush lasts for years. I got the first one from an old Russian lady about twenty years ago, only on the third bush now.

I could only just tolerate them then, I hardly notice them now.

Years ago on a job I must have been hungry and tried one of those little purple ones.:angryfire:

Indonesian food can be really hot, I got caught there once, only the medium. They said eat yogurt, I just drank a dozen or so beers.:drunk:

Hmmm...wonder if you can order some of those really hot ones and have them sent over? Perhaps restrictions as they can burn through a plane's fuselage?

You can buy them all here and they post overseas. http://www.chilliseedbank.com.au/

Hmmm...wonder if you can order some of those really hot ones and have them sent over? Perhaps restrictions as they can burn through a plane's fuselage?

Why ask me?

Anyway -The gourds are starting to put on some size our of the 8 plants we have about a dozen gourds. The tomatoes are doing OK they are small and splitting, not enought water. The voulunteer melons have played out ,they split at softball size. The deer got the leaves and thus the plants.

NOT all that bad for a concrete queen in a container.

I used to sometimes go eat hot spicy food with a friend of mine who really enjoys it. He sweats easily though, and he'd be saying how much he was digging the food and sweat would be running down his face. It had the overtones of a kind of religious frenzy. It cracked me up. :lol:

I don't like fiery ones but the milder "hot peppers " are okay .If you get used to them they won't boil the water out of the toilet so to speak .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sweating doesn't equal pain. My Ma says I used to do that as a kid in mex restaraunts but would just keep chowing down. To this day I can nearly make a meal of chips and salsa and take home most of the rest of my order for the next day:lol:

I've had bonefide Mexican cooked by a real Mexican and it sucks with a half life .Now Americanized Tex-Mex is good stuff.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've had bonefide Mexican cooked by a real Mexican and it sucks with a half life .Now Americanized Tex-Mex is good stuff.

I like both. As with everthing, some are good at and some are a bit less than good

Not to skew to far from this garden stuff but the best La Cajun I ever had was from a cook on one of the subs .He was a real Cajun from La and I really learned to like that stuff .It had a little zip to it .

I have some work coming up in LA; I'm definitely going to sample the cuisine.

Can't remember the name of the place, but I was pretty happy with the Mex place down Skwerl's way. :)

Man, I was hoping it wouldn't be mentioned.....Mex food. I'm dying for it.

I was happily surprised when I hit the US grocery store when I went down for camping last month, a whole AISLE full of hispanic food stuffs, nothing like that here.

They raise a lot of produce about 25-30 miles north of here .With all the seasonal migrant workers the local stores have a pretty good selection of Hispanic food stuffs .

I just can't wait to see what middle and southern Louisiana's got for regional specialties.

It can be an adventure for sure .Some times those hole in the wall mom and pop places have the best chow . I found that out being in the New England states years ago .

more harvesting yesterday, emptied 5 pots out. More to come. :)

Attachments

• IMAG1361 (Large).jpg
    IMAG1361 (Large).jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG1364 (Large).jpg
    IMAG1364 (Large).jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG1363 (Large).jpg
    IMAG1363 (Large).jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 0
The only things I managed to get to before the storm (after putting away thousands of potted plants & assorted equipment) was the dozen large bunches of 4 kinds of basil - now hanging on my front porch - and, wow, does my porch smell good, or what?

I really wanted fresh basil this year..... Unfortunately ..........
I guess I could still. Let the weather cool down a bit. Still looking at tons of green tomatoes here. I have all that chopped garlic from the garden and no tomatoes or basil to sauté with it "whine"

Back