The Fiskars Pruning Stik pole pruner thread

Planned obsolescešŸ˜¢ Nick the spring setup in the pole, what does that entail? The head is fine but the inside of the pole is hanging up?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The inside is crazy. I had to take apart three until I could fully understand it. There's a cord that wraps around a bunch of times and little stopper knots, a webbing to cord conversion buckles....and they all need to be set JUST right.

I'm able to take them apart and fix them- but it's just not worth it.

Here are the packages and blades from the last months worth...

ef1852151945b1dca8e312477f1c68a6.jpg

love
nick

Got ya Steve.

Wow Nick! 10 in one month?

The pole pruners over here don't come with the saw blade attachment, which is a complete waste of time anyway, they have a nice hard plastic cover, but that gets ditched inside a couple of days.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's really more of a joke now. Like social commentary. Disgust that fiskars and Home Depot would rather we Americans do this, then to actually create a better product.

Oh well.

What was that someone said about a new model coming out?

love
nick

Just the shear fact that they break so easy keeps me from buying.. I would love to have something like that in my truck kit. But Home Depot is an hour away from me. Screw that. Just the shear frustration.

But a couple for back up until going to H D for other needs, maybe. I still am on my first one, two years almost, I think. Employee use and owner use... Mileage will vary. Just don't try to use it for a bull pruner. Naturally, use a bull pruner for bull pruner work.

Nick, how many hours would you guess do you average on one?

My original is still working, just needs the slack back to reopen. Three years but as stated it is not a bull pruner. Got the detail work nothing better IMHO.
I did see a Corona with a swivel head and fine braided wire pull that looks good but without the extension.

I went to Bunnings todayand checked out the Fiskers, new one was a retro 'classic' pruner, with the rope pull. The short stick pruner had a slightly different pole/strap arrangement but the head was the same. The one we all use was just the same as Ć lways...oh well

Bump..maybe they've heard us, just.seen the new model...looks and feels a bit more robust and the sliding handle is nicer, easier to grip...might have to actually buy one...my old one is getting cranky

Hmm that looks like the usual model, the one I saw has a redesigned pull handle and the clip to hold the exetention is much better. cutting head is a bit different too. Weighs about the same $200 AUD

Link for the one youre thinking of Fiona? I look on Fiskars website and see some more traditional designs of pole pruner (which I have covered by pro models) but not an update of the adjustable cutting head model. Am I missing anything.

I only saw it in Bunning's last week, I'll try and get a picture soon, only on my phone right now so no link. Its definitely different.

Ok, thanks. Tried searching there and only see a Fiskars more standard pole pruner. Will look forward to when and if you are able to relay more indo later.

Have a great time traveling.

Back