The Fiskars Pruning Stik pole pruner thread

I used one today for the first time. It felt rinky dink and cheap, BUT, made good cuts at odd angles from the ground. If they would step the unit up to something pro grade, Id buy one in an instant.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've started engraving the date they go into service on them. I wanna record exactly how many days we get out if them. I know we are using them professionally or whatever- but we are having them break after less than ten days in the field I think sometimes. I'll start keeping track.

First one jammed after 2 work days.

love
nick

Just brought 2 more to Home Depot for swapping. Same prob on both of them- jammed in a mostly-shut fashion like this:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376356374.505475.jpg

Both were put into service on 6/26. Didn't get 2 months out of 2 of them and we haven't been using them that much lately- doing a few removals and lots of handsaw works, soooo.....

love
nick

Just brought 2 more to Home Depot for swapping. Same prob on both of them- jammed in a mostly-shut fashion like this:

View attachment 49325

Both were put into service on 6/26. Didn't get 2 months out of 2 of them and we haven't been using them that much lately- doing a few removals and lots of handsaw works, soooo.....

love
nick

I saw your post and thought: "When's that gonna happen to me?" So, it happened today and I thought: "Dayum, Nick. :lol:"

Anyway ... when I got home, I took it apart ...
Apparently if the nut in the orange locking lever gets too loose the cord can jam under internal drum ...
Rewound the cord ...
Back together ...
Good to go ... :)
I HOPE ... :\:

Nick and I rebuilt a couple of them when I was there last October. I fumbled along just getting to know the internals while Nick made it look simple.
I think Fiskars should give Nick a budget and a couple engineers and a week together to design the Pro-grade unit.
They'd sell a ton of them.

I agree!!!!

The truth is, it's a AMAZING machine. Whoever came up with the concept of how those inner mechanisms work together....pure genius. The concept is wayyyyyy better than the dangly rope hanging off a pulley.

However....I think we lost something in the corporate implementation of the concept.

love
nick

Nick...do you know how long the round black cord is that threads through from outside to inside right up in the head mechanism? The one that goes through the little pulley on the inside?

Our broke and I think its too short to retie...

Fiona: I replaced the cord on my Son's Fiskars, when I was visiting in Oregon. It's approximately 27". I bought 5 feet and it made enough for two. Leave it long, so you can trim off the excess after you tie the last stopper knot.
:)

Sorry. I don't know. I did one replaced with throwline and that worked. But I just started with a super long piece and just cut it off.

love
nick

Thanks guys, I eventually reached that conclusion...it was cold in the workshop so I think my brain froze. I'll get back to it today.

I gave up...took it back to Bunnings where I bought it and guess what, lifetime warranty, so three yr old broken one got swapped for a new one no questions asked...NICE, saved me $188!

I really think that they are getting weaker. We are using them just as we were a year ago. But they are just not lasting.

Luckily there are like 6 Home Depots in the area and I am always traveling around the city so I split up the returns between all the different Home Depots in the area :lol:

love
nick

Back