The Crushing Of The Blaster

Geez I don't wanna get banned, but Brian is dead on heat and ice works wonder imo for healing. It promotes circulation and the blood does the healing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I keep it elevated 50% of the time, but not because it hurts. (Like it has for the past 10 weeks)

If you use ziplock bags for your icepacks (gallon size works well, crushed ice with water) and a light hand towel under the bag, it won't get your bandages wet.
:thumbup:

I agree, the alternating hot & cold works wonders (except the lower back--never use ice on your lower back). I use a bag of frozen peas separated from the skin by a thin layer of cloth (direct contact can cause frostbite). Instead of a heating pad I use a tub of hot water, but I guess the heating pad would work just as well.

, alternating hot and cold soaks to flush the injured area - to improve circulation and get good nutrients in and toxins out, etc.) It worked wonderfully...I can't tell today which ankle I broke.

That's my take on it.

Hot and cold, GOOFBALL, Pan, Chuck, Al, and Brian, have said it. I have been telling you for a month. Goofball, if Che said it works, IT WORKS. HOT AND COLD, gets the circulation going orrrr somethin. Just DO IT, GOOFBALL!

Gary, how about a video of what you did, all the silly exercises, that left you well.

Correction,when I screwed up my poor old shoulder,which was and is a rotator tear,the cold hurt to beat hell.On the other hand when I messed up my poor old great toe,hot epsom salts was a relief.

On the shoulder thing,which is different from these guys busted feet,it never got better until I bite the bullet and worked it.It that case,pain was gain.My poor old busted toe just had to heal on it's own,which seemed like forever.I can't imagine a whole foot forked up,ugh.:(

Back on topic, some fresh pics of the crushing.

I still can't move my toes, but I can wiggle my big toe like a mofo! things are still swollen, and the doc says they probably always will be. I'm doing what I can on my treadmill every day, but I have a feeling things will never be completely back to normal. Oh well, things could be worse!

And who knows? In a year I might be back to doing front flips! :)

Keep at er man, and don't let the doc get ya down. It's looking alot better and it hasn't been that long. I bet ya heal right up.8)

I'll bet ya $20 that alternating heat and cold will reduce that swelling. But you're too smart to try it. Heck, an hour out of your busy schedule to try it would really cramp your style, and might hurt you!
:P

I did it! It helped a bit, but not all that much. But I'm sure it has it's place, for sure!

Yah that's awhile man but I'm just saying don't let some doc or anyone else talk ya into beleiving it won't heal right up. Set your mind to it and do it to it.

Oh yah I'm a strong beleiver in the hot and cold treatments as well. If I can make it happen atleast a couple times a week it makes all the difference in the world for me and my frigging glass hands.

You're never past it. Simple theory hot/cold increases circulation. Blood is what heals you. Increased blood flow= increased healing. I'm no doctor but it makes perfectly good sense to me. You are increasing the blood flow to the area without having to 'work' it hard

But you're not. 3-4 evenings of it would probably cut that swelling in half or better. But like I said, you're too smart to fall for that. :(

My knee injury was over 2 months old and still swollen when I finally gave in and tried the hot/cold trick. Within 3 days the sweeling was 90% gone. Heck, humor me and try it for 60-90 minutes per night for 3 nights just to prove me wrong. Unless you're afraid it might actually work.

Are you getting your foot massaged? It still looks a little sore for that.

Dammit man you'd better bust out the ice packs and the microwave heat pad. :what:

I think I'm past the hot/cold therapy stage.

Squisher's right...you are PRIME for hot/cold soaks. I did it twice a day for several weeks. I used two five gallon buckets, filled up high enough with water to submerge my foot. It was a hassle but I just figured it was the price I paid for it doing its job.

One bucket with water as hot as I could stand it...the other I dumped ice cubes in for as cold as I could stand it.

5-10 min hot
5-10 min cold

I repeated cycle 3 times in the AM, 3 times in PM...I think more during the day would have been ok, too.

The biggest hassle was messing with buckets full or water.

Soak.

Back