The Crushing Of The Blaster

Jeff, Get orthodic insoles for your boots-You probably need not go to a podiatrist and get fitted for prescription ones-just go to a good boot store and plop down 40- 60 bucks for some really good ones that support the arch They are going to hurt a little at first but that was the only thing that got my PF under control. Cushion insoles for the heel can FEEL nice but don't help heal the problem.

Sorry to hear that, Jeff....I had Plantar fasciitis for many months last year. I can't wear my normal (cheap) mud boots anymore. I have inserts in my 'muck boots', and have spent ALOT of money on good tennis shoes.

It went away as fast as it appeared....I got lax and started going bare or stocking footed again, and it started back. Soon as I went back to the proper shoes, it subsided. Rolling a tennis ball with your foot is good.

Thanks for all the advice everybody. I'll check out some inserts, and the tennis ball as well.

MB,

Just found this thread as I'm pretty new around here. I started climbing four weeks ago after being out for 14 months with a leg injury sustained while mountain biking. I had to take a semester off of school and I eventually had it operated on in December. Now I can actually start riding my bike and climbing trees again. Hang in there. You already seem to be off to a speedy recovery from what I've read. Hope it continues. I'll think of you when I head to PT every week. I agree about the exercises. They're key. I can definitely tell a difference when I've done them to when I have not done them. If you want any good recommendations on authors or books let me know. I've spent a fair share of time with a few of the greats during the past year.

-Ashlee

The Achilles tendon is a slow one to heal and stretch. I had a major ankle injury that put me in a cast for six months. When they finally took it off they hung weights off the end of my foot to stretch it out. They had a little sling with a sack on the bottom that they put sandbags into. They must have put about 15 pounds worth of sandbags in there before my foot budged at all.

I hope the swelling starts going down soon Butch, so that you can start stretching things out and getting back to moving around again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey, Jerry's going through way worse right about now. :(

It's not pain (thank goodness), it's the fricking tingling sensations. It won't let me sleep.

Sumbeech!!! I just drove my truck for the first time in nine weeks! I'm almost ambulatory again!!!

:D :D :D

Heck yea, and the tingling is going way down. Still a lot of numbness but it's getting better every day. I'm having a heck of a time getting my achillies stretched out, though. It's gonna take some doing.

i thought since the swelling was going down they might put one on now. good thing you bought an automatic tranny huh?

No, it's been nine weeks, the bones are just about healed. I just want the swelling to go down so I can practice walking again. It's down maybe 50% from where it was, I want it to get all the way down.
And yea, if it had a clutch I wouldn't be driving it yet.

Hey MB, Sorry I only just read this glad you are doing well now !! progress will continue...

Back