The Crushing Of The Blaster

physical therapy can be even more painfull than the original injury. But necessary.

I had a cute red headed Irish woman for my physical therapist. It took the edge off the pain.

Butch, did you injure the Achilles tendon at all, or is it just stiff from being in one position for so long?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's just stiff. I'm working it out pretty good, it'll be ready for when I can finally put some weight on it.

It's just stiff. I'm working it out pretty good, it'll be ready for when I can finally put some weight on it.

That's good. A bad Achilles tendon injury can take up to a year to heal. Also good to hear that you're able to start moving the foot around. Healing is happening!

smart MB. I broke a shin bone back in my teens, the plaster cast did me no good, I was growing like a weed back then and it was 6 weeks or so in the cast, then at least that again still on crutches trying to get mobility and weight on my healed leg. funny thing, I slept laying on my back in that time with the cast and my leg (right) would turn over to the right due to the weight of the cast, to this day (and till my end I fear) my leg keels over that way, I think it buggered my hip way back when.

That exercise is a good thing for the injured foot.I know in my own little life,after a severe shoulder injury that left my right arm partially paralized that things did not improve until I regained my mobility,through exercise .I also know from past experiance this is a slow and painfull process on the road to recovery.Ya just have to bite the bullet and forge ahead.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey, it was there for all the world to see. I wouldn't read too much into it...

Glad you're making progress Butch. I feel for ya. I've got plantar faciitis in my right heel, and it kills. When it flares up, I have to hobble around, and that pales compared to what you're dealing with. I can't imagine. Keep at it.

It's just an inflamement, and a tightening of a tendon in my heel. From what I gather, it's kinda like tennis elbow in your foot. It gets inflamed, and stays that way because you always use it.

I think it's been me hammering my calves, stretching my calves beforehand, but not my feet. Most guys go for reps on calves, I go for lower reps and higher intensity-sets of 8-10 for 500 lb donkey lifts, and 700 lb calf presses.

Now I stretch and massage my heels every morning and night. It's getting better, but still hurts like hell. With you and Gerry going through what you are, I don't complain much about it!

I had knee surgery and was in the hospital for a few days. While I was there, the nurses were very adamant that I do foot exercises - I'm assuming it was because, with the leg raised, the foot sags and shortens the Achilles.

Not sure how you do foot exercises when it's the foot itself thats injured.

It's just an inflamement, and a tightening of a tendon in my heel. From what I gather, it's kinda like tennis elbow in your foot. It gets inflamed, and stays that way because you always use it.

I tore my plantar fascia last April, took a fall and landed really awkward. once I could put weight on it it took months to get the stretch bach in my achillles. it still throbs some nights and every morning I have to slowly stretch it out. it is getting better, just really slowly.

Back