Thanks WesSpur

emr

Cheesehead Treehouser
There has been a ton of talk regarding a couple of tree supply companies recently.... mostly on other forums, but some here as well. The talk has been mostly focused on Treestuff and Sherrill. I have to admit that I do buy a lot from Treestuff but I also use WesSpur whenever possible. I just placed an order from WesSpur last week and I was reminded why I order from them.

My experience started on Facebook where I posted a question and I got the answers that I needed in a very timely fashion. So I placed my order and I think it was the same day that Sean called our office and let us know that we had an item that was back ordered. No big deal, but I pm'd Sean here to ask him a question about the back ordered item. Again, he responded to me very quickly and he offered to adjust our order so that we didn't have to wait for the back ordered item.

The way that they conduct business is top notch in my book. The little things they do like have a Facebook page that they actually use to interact with their customers, and have guys on forums like this make all the difference to me. I am so sick and tired of dealing with vendors who dont give a crap about us. It is very common for other vendors to not even return phone calls or e-mails within a week. It is very refreshing to deal with a company like WesSpur who takes the time to do the little things which make a big difference. Thanks Nathan and Sean at WesSpur, you guys rock!

I've had good service with Wesspur on every occasion that I've dealt with them. The time thl at I went to the store in Bellingham, a few years back, Sean was very helpful with saddle selection, while I tried on many. I had a look through a bunch of other stuff, too. I didn't realize that it had gotten past closing time, but I felt no pressure to hurry up and buy. I'm going to be calling them today to order some things, if I can find the time to get to it.

Thanks for the props guys. We try pretty hard and it's nice to know that somebody noticed. If anybody here ever has a question about the equipment or an order, feel free to pm me.

You are always so on the ball and helpful with my orders Sean... Thanks :)
WesSpur Rocks!
Rare that I will buy my climbing and rigging gear elsewhere.

WesSpur is definitely the best tree company that I've ever dealt with. They usually have the best prices and their shipping is free on orders over $100. Plus they will match the price of one of their competitors if you find it cheaper. I won't go anywhere else unless they don't have what I need.

Keep up the good work Sean.:thumbupold:

Ditto...just got a load of stuff sent down under, timely and great interaction on email!

I agree wesspur is awsome. I am fortunate to have them here in town. Sean and everyone in the store have always been nice and helpful to me.

Unless they push back the eta again, Vertex 2's will be coming out sometime in March.

I am way overdue for a new helmet too. I'll take one with ear muffs. I've been holding out for the new one. Isn't it called the Alveo?

There are two new ones, the alveo, and the second vertex. Alveo isn't a suspension type, the top if that foam filled stuff. The new vertex has the adjustments on the sides like the ecrin, instead of that lame rear adjuster.

I like the suspension type so air can flow over my head. And store my gloves.

Brendon has it right. The Vertex 2 is an improved version of the old Vertex, while the Alveo is a totally new helmet similar to the Kask Plasma. Where the Vertex absorbs an impact by deforming the plastic shell, the Alveo and kask helmets absorb impacts by deforming the Styrofoam liner. The Alveo/Kask design with the Styrofoam liner is lighter (by 4 oz) and also fits closer to your head so it is more stable when you are wearing muffs and swing your head around from side to side it doesn't wobble as much. But the Vertex 2 on the other hand allows better air circulation because the space inside the helmet is not all filled up with foam. Both the new Vertex 2 and Alveo will have Petzl's new "centerfit" adjustment system with 2 ratchet wheels that enables the user to adjust the fit so that the head is always kept in the center of the shell. Both are also compatible with Petzl's new "Vizir", which is a clear plastic half-face visor like the Kask helmets have.

Very knowledgeable, Sean! I don't suppose the Vizir is compatible with the current Vertex, is it??

Nope, the only visor that will fit onto the old Vertex is the full face wire mesh visor made by Peltor (which actually attaches to the Peltor ear muffs, not directly to the helmet).

The think I might try one of the Alveo's with ear and visor attachments. Is the cost going to be anywhere near the kask helmets?

I've ordered online on 4 seperate occasions and find the website very easy to navigate. Items always arrive in a timely fashion as well. It's nice to have this thread to leave a bit of praise.

I couldn't be happier with Sean and everyone else at Wesspur, they are the only company I've ordered from in the last few years.

Back