tendonitus

darkstar

Rockclimber/ treeclimber
Man im back climbing and such and the muscle on top of my forarm is knotted up like a golf ball .
Where the muscle attaches to the bone feels torn or just abused.
You guys get this ?

I used to......massage it...especially the connection areas.. Do slow stretches to elongate the muscle fibers.

Use ibruprofen if you must.....or natural treatments..bromelain, boswellan, GSA, CSA, hyalauronic acid....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
GSA, CSA, hyalauronic acid.
What is that ?
Glucoseamine

Yes...google them, chrondoitin sulfate......hyaluronic acid is the correct spelling, I think. glucosamine hydrochloride is another form of the product that may be more effective.....

I used to tightly tie a clothesline sized rope to my upper forearm. It seemed to help a lot - it kinda like reinforced that tendon/ligament junction.

I used to tightly tie a clothesline sized rope to my upper forearm. It seemed to help a lot - it kinda like reinforced that tendon/ligament junction.

Or go to the drugstore/grocery and get a strap with velcro made for that exact same thing. Really does help for some.

I have experienced elbow pain this week too! WTH?:? I'm only 32 and I'm feeling like an old timer. :cry:

Do you guys think it is because lots of handsaw repetitive motion? That is the only time I have felt the pain.

Sounds like you are describing a good case of lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow)...read up on cross-friction massage and Dr. Cyriax (the progenitor of the technique).

Here is a good description of what has worked for me before:

http://www.syracusechargers.org/therapy/chapt14.htm

If you injure an area and it is not allowed to heal properly (tissue does not model correctly), you continue to get mini-tears that cause a gnarled up mess that needs to be corrected.

Use ice, too. Good luck...it is definitely aggravating.

ice is better...but beer is good:D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yeysdscNMgw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yeysdscNMgw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

My elbow is fine but my knee is locking up a bunch. Its getting harder and harder to unlock too. Isn't getting older fun Jerry?

Hey you said the "O" word.. LOL
I look at it this way, I loved to climb when I was young and now I get paid for it and I am in my 40s still climbing (pushing 50).
I just hope I can make Burnhams age and still be doing it... OUCH ... did I say that out loud... LOL
One word, Chiropracter.. LOL

Last edited:
Get used to it, ya bunch of wusses.
:D

Says the old man.
:cry:

Here, here. Some weeks are better than others. Glucosamine seems to help if you take it long term. Climbing rock is rough on the tendons and ligaments if you dyno very much.

Really alternate icing with a heating pad is good when it's severely inflamed.

I think i have two problem areas because they injure so easy.
Im going to check into some deep tissue massage.

My elbow is fine but my knee is locking up a bunch. Its getting harder and harder to unlock too. Isn't getting older fun Jerry?

Hey you should have surgery its no big deal proably a bucket handle tear of the meniscus.|
You can walk immediatly after .
Problem is if you leave the torn bits in there you are stressing other parts of the knee so get umm out.
I had a bucket handle tear and after surgery i went rock climbing next day

Darin, I bet Dark is right about the meniscus, too. I had a bucket handle tear in 1975...knee was locked up bad, the doctor had to unlock it. They did a complete menisectomy on me but I have done fine with it ever since. I didn't run on streets after that because that cartilage is the cushion for the bones...but I have done fine with trail runs. You oughta get it checked out.

Hey you said the "O" word.. LOL
I look at it this way, I loved to climb when I was young and now I get paid for it and I am in my 40s still climbing (pushing 50).
I just hope I can make Burnhams age and still be doing it... OUCH ... did I say that out loud... LOL
One word, Chiropracter.. LOL

Here I am, self- adjusting my back, at age 58.....

I've since had a birthday...so maybe I'm now too old for such activities....

good diet, exercise, good living, and there's no reason we can't keep going for years and years.

I'm crazy enough to maybe meet my goal of dropping a 30 foot cliff in 11 years---into at least 3 feet of virgin powder...and skiing away, of course!

Attachments

• IMG_4723.JPG
    IMG_4723.JPG
    288.2 KB · Views: 15
Hahaha...inversion therapy...it's good for you!! Some guys pay lots for special boots and racks...you got it happening!

Back