Ted Nugent/"Pigman" heli hunting

Ya Cory, its serious. Very serious problem to the ecosystem. I will be whipped for saying this but in the best interest of all habitat, game, farms, people involved, they are best controlled with unrelenting firepower. But i wouldnt view it as hunting a game animal. More like battling a potential plague.

Invasive species should be eradicated. Simple as that.
We have been trying hard to stop the raccoon dog from getting too much of a foothold here by the use of unrelenting firepower and radiotracking.
Just like we wage war on wild mink, using whatever means we have to our disposition.
And shoot any Egyptian geese we come across.
The list is endless it seems.

But, and that is the crucial but, we don't beat our chests and think that doing so makes us more manly like ol' Ted.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So I'm wondering where these wild hogs are native to, where their native habitat can handle their presence?

Stig, what's the controversy over wild mink?

I wish they would let old Ted loose on our Monkeys. He could seriously thin their numbers and it would still leave enough around for people that want to think that they are cute.

How big are they? What is it that makes them a nuisance, or worse?

Big enough, I suppose one could stand up to your chest. The young males are especially quite muscular and can be aggressive, not like the lithe more delicate monkeys that you see flittering about in the trees in other countries. These are more like wooly beasts, sort of miniature Baboons. They raid houses and gardens or orchards, and just make a general nuisance of themselves. If you give them have a chance, they will take a cracker right out of your hand. A child left unattended is at risk. It is obvious that they hate humans too, except for the food source that they are.

Wow, they sound formidable. It is said a 200 lb chimp is 7 or 9 times as strong as the same size human male, which is pretty amazing. Your monkeys are no doubt proportionate in strength too.

You say children could be at risk, do people ever try to reduce their numbers to reduce the threat?

I believe it is illegal to hunt them, but that doesn't mean that a disgruntled farmer won't pop a few off sometimes. The problem of the large numbers gets talked about, but not much beyond that. The authorities seem to be at a loss to do anything. Maybe it is a paradox to go kill some in one part of the country when they are a tourist attraction at another. The loss to crops as a result of their raids is quite large. I like the mountains, but would never live where the monkeys have easy access to my location. Folks that do live there seemed resigned to it, or turn their dog loose for a couple hours every now and then. Dogs just love to chase them.

Based on your stories Jay, id be honored to take a .357 to the first monkey that stole my groceries or threw semen on me.

Unfortunately you would have to quickly dispose of a dead monkey on the property. Unless a fox or the coons or another carnivore here known as a Hakubishin would find and eat it, there isn't much around that would. Our bears are mostly vegetarian. I haven't heard Monkey to be a hit in the homeless shelters.