t540 xp

Well I went to the other side and bought the 200T. My dealer ( Husky) has been jerking my chain for too long about this new top handle and I'm sick of it. I understand, build the excitement and the sale will happen, but this is Bullshit. So off to the Stihl dealer I went. I've got friends that swear at it ( damn flippy caps etc. ) and friends that swear by it( wouldn't buy another). So I went with it. Ouch$$$. Ah well it's just another weapon in the arsenal. If Husky ever brings it to the states, I will consider it but it will be a while now.
I hear yah I am looking at 200 myself, but I would like to know about the 540 though. I am a husky runner and would like the almighty 200 dethroned. Like you said tired of waiting.

As for the flippy caps, I don't get why all these people are so proud of their lack of manual dexterity that they actually brag about their inability to work a simple thing like those caps.

It ain't that hard. Just don't overfill the oiltank!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've got them on the Br 600 and my pole saw. I'm not too worried about them, but what is the point? What was wrong with a simple screw cap? At least you can get a three pack of flippies now instead of one for $12 if they have 'em. I still think they are made for us to spend more money more often.

Still not available here yet. Not even the price. Probably beginning of june...

Hopefully it's a lot cheaper than the 200

Don't think so, probably even more expensive.

Isn't there a husqy saw out called a T435 or something close to that? I think I used one that Dave thattreeguy had? Is this saw a step up from that one?

T425

t425-38894cbb.png

T435

t435-c445522.png

Someone uses the T435 instead of the 192t. Not me.

My only beef with the flippy caps is that recently (once on the brand new 200T) they pretty much just fell apart (2) in my hands. Just came apart. No exertion necessary. Really will piss you off in a tree.

It still intrigues me how you could take something so simple and screw up a design so badly. Why should a cap have 10 interlinking and moving parts??? Talk about consumables sales ..... They sure got some engineers all friggen excited when they proposed the "NEW BETTER IMPROVED" idea :lol:
No offense to our sensible engineers in the group here. ;) K.I.S.S. please !

I like the flippy caps on my MS200, only had a problem with the ones when they first came out years back. I can understand why the 660 never got them, why change something thats already perfected. My 066 mag is almost 20 yrs old now and never had the cylinder off.

Willard.

This is from a very knowledgeable husky dealer in the US and gets the newest saws when they arrive. T540xp comes out in January 2012 in US market.

Puh leez. I think that is what we heard last year. Only time will tell. Good thing is that I removed a storm damaged tree for my dealer and IT is the payment.:) Hope I don't have to wait forever.

This is from a very knowledgeable husky dealer in the US and gets the newest saws when they arrive. T540xp comes out in January 2012 in US market.
I was at my Husqvarna dealer this morning and had a T540XP in my hands. Looks really nice but gonna wait a bit to buy one. It appears the dealer's distributer has the 562XP in. The 560XP won't be out for a least a year from now.
I may have a new 562XP in my truck in a week or 2.

All this talk about new models and I'm looking for a 262xp..... I must be behind in the program.

I've had 2 of them and chose other saws over them and send them packing. I'll let you know if another good shaped one comes through.

Copyof346xpg262xp001.jpg

Copyof346xpg262xp005.jpg

Copyof346xpg262xp002.jpg

Copyof346xpg262xp008.jpg

Looks really nice but gonna wait a bit to buy one.
They had some at the TCI Expo and claim they will hit the sates in Jan. Still had a primer bulb but Mr. Knowitall said they will be removed.

They had some at the TCI Expo and claim they will hit the sates in Jan. Still had a primer bulb but Mr. Knowitall said they will be removed.
I didn't notice a primer bulb on the 540 this morning , but now that I think about it I'm not sure if it has one or not.
I'll have to go back to the dealer tomorrow and see.

All this talk about new models and I'm looking for a 262xp..... I must be behind in the program.
I'm in the same boat Jay. I just got myself a new 272XP ,really love this saw. The other day I ordered a heavy duty airfilter kit and soft rubber av mounts for it direct from Husqvarna.

Now I have to decide on a 562XP when the honeymoon hasn't ended with the 272 yet.:?

560 is available here, 562 isn't and won't be.
There are more to come. Hole series is to be X-Torq so it is just a matter of time...

262 I had several. Nice saw ti limb on the bigger trees and as big all around saw, but no fun in firewood pile or just felling.
It runs hot easy and that is why many cooked, they thought it was a felling saw.
Same reason many 357 cook... Overload/overheated...

Back