t540 xp

Good air filters is a must..... But so is decent power, easy starts and good components that last.

I don't think it is possible to get good power without fuel.
With newer saws it seems it is better to have good emissions than good power. They get less fuel per cc now than ever before..

I had a customer here that ran a X-torq and said he saved a lot of fuel at the same time as he was taking care of environment.
I made him a dare to try a same size saw with conventional engine and cut same amount of wood.
The dare included that he would do it faster with less fuel on the same job.
If He won he gets a bottle, if I win he get to run a decent saw for free!

I still have the bottle!

Anybody else bugged by that guy in the video? The way he throws the saws around, pops the filter cover and it falls to the ground, the general demeanor like a big showoff .....new gloves, new helmet, new chainsaws pants... Hey buddy, get some dirt or sumpin. :roll:

He's probably required by Husky to wear all that crap for his demonstration. If somebody forced me to wear gloves while trying to work with saws then I'd probably be dropping stuff as well.

If you are to have a saw here, this is what you need to wear.
Saw protection on left upper hand is a wonderful thing! Cushion the blow from branches very well!

If you are to have a saw here, this is what you need to wear.
Saw protection on left upper hand is a wonderful thing! Cushion the blow from branches very well!
That ballastic nylon saw protection on the back of the left hand glove saved my older brothers hand once.
Back in the mid 1970s when our Jonsereds had no chainbrakes it was company policy to wear "safety gloves" or mitts. My brother got a severe kickback with his saw and with no chainbrake his left hand slipped off the top handle and jammed into the turning chain.
The ballastic nylon in the back of the glove twisted up in the chain so tightly that my brother had to get the glove cut off his hand with a knife. But not a mark was left on his hand. He was given a safety award by the company for wearing those gloves.

Willard.

Well if Husky wants to talk up their saw by comparing it to the 200T, then they need to show it cutting against the 200T or else it's meaningless. The fact that they had both saws there but didn't show a head to head comparison tells me all I need to know.

i've seen it cut, and it is impressive. they were demonstrating the torque feature by cutting into a log approx 14" diameter, stopping the cut, then resuming the cut with the saw in place. normally you'd back out a touch in this scenario before starting the cut again

Turds, I wanted to hear the saw in the cut.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2luEz9HCmLA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

With a 200T I would have chunked that thing down another 20 feet. They seem to be going out of their way to avoid any indication that this thing is anywhere near as strong as the 200T. I could see if somebody wanted one strictly as a pruning saw perhaps, and as a backup to the 200T, but then you get into the inconvenience of twice as many spare parts to stock for maintenance. I think I'd rather have 3-4 200Ts rather than 2 200Ts and two T540s.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I got a call from my dealer today, he says he'll have a couple in two weeks. I almost bought a 200T yesterday but I hate those flippy caps. Guess I'll wait to see what happens with the Husky. Still no price.

I got a call from my dealer today, he says he'll have a couple in two weeks. I almost bought a 200T yesterday but I hate those flippy caps. Guess I'll wait to see what happens with the Husky. Still no price.

Keep us posed I would love to hear all about if you get one.

Being in my part of Ohio a 540 can not be bought. A out of state dealer answered the questions.

He also gets new husky demos to test drive before being sold to public. Then he sends them back in for tear downs.

((((( 555/562 have been scheduled for a second quarter release for a while now, and that isn't quite here yet. I didn't have to turn in my 560 sample until late last year. (Hated to give it back) All of those saws had to go back to Sweden for tear down and evaluation, so production wouldn't begin until after that was completed.

I would think that the 540 is a ways out yet. It's not in the 2011 catalog, but the 555/562 are. I'm supposed to get a 540 sample soon, like I did with the 560 last year. If they follow the same script of letting the samples get beat up for six months, and then call them back for testing, we won't be seeing production for a while. ))))))

Isn't there a husqy saw out called a T435 or something close to that? I think I used one that Dave thattreeguy had? Is this saw a step up from that one?

jp:D

Yeah Redmax was bought by Husky a while ago. I think the 540 is similar but a little bigger. The 435 is totally different than the 338. A little cheaper too.

Real sorry for the late comment, only just caught up on this thread.

As for the vid though, Im very under-impressed as most of you, as my 192t would do ALL that this effort did there.

The vid would have been more at home as an arb college promo rather than one advertising a product!

Keep us posed I would love to hear all about if you get one.

Well I went to the other side and bought the 200T. My dealer ( Husky) has been jerking my chain for too long about this new top handle and I'm sick of it. I understand, build the excitement and the sale will happen, but this is Bullshit. So off to the Stihl dealer I went. I've got friends that swear at it ( damn flippy caps etc. ) and friends that swear by it( wouldn't buy another). So I went with it. Ouch$$$. Ah well it's just another weapon in the arsenal. If Husky ever brings it to the states, I will consider it but it will be a while now.

Back