t540 xp

Got mine back today. I'm surprised none of the gurus know about my problem. Apparently there's a bulletin out. The story I got is three weeks worth of production have intake issues with the 'impulse?' Line not being mounted properly on the throat/plate of the intake. Thus fuel supply lacks and it doesn't really run. Anyhow it's back and on the truck for tomorrow. Full warranty repair.

The guy at my shop said it's quite a problem for Husky and that usually they're pretty sticky on the warranty and require pics and whatnot but that when they called this in husky said its a known problem and the warranty was no questions asked.

No one here has heard of this? Again they said there was a bulletin on it. Mostly saws in Europe though?

I just read that same issue on another forum today. I think he said it was an issue with a nipple and the connecting line. Hope it runs well for u now!

Yah. It was something like that. Where a fuel looking line mounts to the intake. They showed me pics of it that they'd taken for the warranty work but then didn't have to send.

Got mine back today. I'm surprised none of the gurus know about my problem. Apparently there's a bulletin out. The story I got is three weeks worth of production have intake issues with the 'impulse?' Line not being mounted properly on the throat/plate of the intake. Thus fuel supply lacks and it doesn't really run. Anyhow it's back and on the truck for tomorrow. Full warranty repair.

The guy at my shop said it's quite a problem for Husky and that usually they're pretty sticky on the warranty and require pics and whatnot but that when they called this in husky said its a known problem and the warranty was no questions asked.

No one here has heard of this? Again they said there was a bulletin on it. Mostly saws in Europe though?

There are likely a couple more Bulletins than this...

T540 sales was stopped before it got out, now I see it is on web page again. That does not mean it is available to order, but chances are higher. ..

You mean in Sweden? Here it's on the shelf at local saw shops since mid January, I'm sure there's more than one bulletin. I've heard of a software update too. This bulletin seems like a bit of an important one as my saw wouldn't run. They told me it was a three week run of the production that had this screw up and that it listed a range of serial numbers. The shop also told me most of those saws were in Europe.

FWIW

Donny Coffey on TB

NEW T540XP
#387266 - 03/18/14 06:45 PM
Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quick Reply Quick Reply

Hello folks,
I have a new, in the box T540XP with a 16" bar. Everything is there as if you were to buy it new( two different handle sizes, winter cover, scrench...). Just won a new one and have no need for two.

Asking $625.00 and I'll pay shipping to the lower 48 states. Only accept PayPal. First to pm me gets the saw.

Donny

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Has he got any word on the T536Lli? I want one for climbing when I get off my damn couch.

FWIW

Donny Coffey on TB

NEW T540XP
#387266 - 03/18/14 06:45 PM
Reply to this post Reply Reply to this post Quote Quick Reply Quick Reply

Hello folks,
I have a new, in the box T540XP with a 16" bar. Everything is there as if you were to buy it new( two different handle sizes, winter cover, scrench...). Just won a new one and have no need for two.

Absolutely what you got manAsking $625.00 and I'll pay shipping to the lower 48 states. Only accept PayPal. First to pm me gets the saw.

Donny

You can get them from tree stuff for 576 out the door with the right discount.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
He's always selling something. I purchased, or so I thought, some rope and several biners and pulleys from him. After trying to get him paid with paypal, he told me he was sorry but had to sell them to someone else. No biggie, but I thought we had made a deal.

Even better is dealing with Bob of Ashokan Turf and Timber in NY. He's spike60 on Arboristsite.... He knows his saws and even has the prettier red and black Jonsy's!!! He sells 540's for $550, and 550's ( replaced the venerable 346...)
for $450!!!

I just got a new 338NE from a local fella for $390. Only a couple tanks through it...gutless as they all are in stock form. But I've now run it for a couple days and a couple tanks of gas with a ported muffler, and now it will decimate a 200T. Sure, eventually, I'll get a 540, but I'm not happy that the weight has bumped up about 6-8 ounces, it sounds like.

The 338XPT is a good design alright. It's design goes way back to the early 1990s when its grandfather the 334XPT was introduced, which forced Stihl at the time to redesign the 020 from the cinder block alloy design it held since introduced in 1971.

With a muffler mod the 338 beat my muffler modded MS200 hands down timed in a 10"X10" with the same b/c.
The T540XP will prove to be stronger but at the expense of extra weight and bulkiness.

Attachments

• SDC11736.jpg
    SDC11736.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 144
  • Husqvarna 272XP 002.jpg
    Husqvarna 272XP 002.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 144
What's the good word on modding these saws? What sort of gains?

I have supposedly got a modded 540 and I must say Im not that impressed. I will post a video but my stock 4 year old 200 cuts a tad quicker. I really wonder if it is modded?? Might have to pull it apart and check.....

It would take a heck of a saw to out cut my stock 200T I had with just screen pulled, wouldnt it Al. ;)

My stocker was known to have out cut even ported 200's and other makes in 2 cuts 8x8. :O

My kill switch stopped working today. I'll report back after I open it up.

If I can fix it I will. If not in the shop it goes and the 201 gets dusted off.

It ended up being a bad connection. Compressed air and some jiggling fixed it right up.

Back