t540 xp

The weather just got hot here, 93 yesterday. So now when the saw is hot it is a bitch to start, had to pull it like 20 times to get it to fire, next time around I told Robby to tie on the old 200....

Crazy you cannot just buy a saw that freakin runs anymore:X

Yeah it sucks when a saw let's you down. You should try recalibrating with 3-5 minutes of running it under load.

Ha. No kidding. stupid design 'feature'. Mine just isn't getting used at all. I would never buy one again.

It ended up being a bad connection. Compressed air and some jiggling fixed it right up.

Hopefully more jiggling doesn't causer it to fail again. Odd that it happened to my saw and yours too. The Treehouse must represent a pretty small sampling of the 540's sold. I wonder how many kill switchs have screwed up?

How many guys on here would believe that my top-handle of choice right now is a ported Echo 360t. What a joke these new strato saws are. Still, I'd have to go with the 540.

Kevin: Yup, I just ported my 200t, and messed er all up. :(

I'm gonna have a slew of 200s rebuilt and ported. I'm pretty positive they won't be messed up though. I'm done 'expirementing'.

My buddy bought a 540. It was a turd. I recommended Willards remedy to reset the saw. It blew the saw up. He got a new one. The new one performs well.

O.k. well.... none of my friends' 201's perform "well," as stockers. Mine performs fairly well, and it's got the full Brad Sneller treatment.

How many guys on here would believe that my top-handle of choice right now is a ported Echo 360t. What a joke these new strato saws are. Still, I'd have to go with the 540.

Kevin: Yup, I just ported my 200t, and messed er all up. :(

Would not surprise me as I owned three and I am now going to own two 330Ts

My buddy bought a 540. It was a turd. I recommended Willards remedy to reset the saw. It blew the saw up. He got a new one. The new one performs well.
If I recommended anything it came from the saw's owner manual.........didn't I scan and post that somewhere back in this thread":big-tongue1:

I'm gonna have a slew of 200s rebuilt and ported. I'm pretty positive they won't be messed up though. I'm done 'expirementing'.

You're pretty traumatised by your recent experiences! Honestly I have a 540 and a recent 201 and they are as good as gold.
Don't throw money at a pile of old bangers! You've been very unlucky, no doubt about that.

In fact, I just solved junk saw problems. Big brand introduces junk and wont stand behind it (ex 201), blow it up under warranty. Everyone. They'll put a good saw out fast, guarantee it.

Good idea. Little guy fights the monolith the only way he can.

Gets me wondering, if you have a shit saw, how do you go about blowing it up. Tie the throttle wide open, with a full fuel tank. and just wait a few minutes?:\:

They often find a way of weaseling out of it, had a 357 blow up under warranty and they said I had not used oil in the mix.
(I had btw)

Gets me wondering, if you have a shit saw, how do you go about blowing it up. Tie the throttle wide open, with a full fuel tank. and just wait a few minutes?:\:
that's what I was thinking.......certainly not from my or the owners manual recommended procedure as Chris mentioned.

They often find a way of weaseling out of it, had a 357 blow up under warranty and they said I had not used oil in the mix.
(I had btw)
Seen saws here that cooked and left the tells that say it was run on straight gas. I kept the gas in a jar and a hour after I put it in the jar it seperated and oil was in bottom.
This time it had mixed fuel and run on straight gas anyway.

If it is set to run right it will not blow up on a tank of fuel. I seen 2 346's that ran WOT for 6 liters of fuel, no load in Husqvarna.
Tested a 444 here that was set to perform its best in wood and that one also ran a can of fuel (6L) and I still use it for firewood 8 years later.

If it is set to run right it will not blow up on a tank of fuel. I seen 2 346's that ran WOT for 6 liters of fuel, no load in Husqvarna.
Tested a 444 here that was set to perform its best in wood and that one also ran a can of fuel (6L) and I still use it for firewood 8 years later.

That is crazy. That would make my skin crawl to see a saw WOT in no wood for a tank of fuel. But maybe I'm unnecessarily sensitive

Is that at WOT under load in the wood or no load?
Get your explanation straight:P

He cut downward through an upright log. That was the end of that. He was delighted. Told me to thank my buddy for telling me the trick I told him. You are who he was referring to. I ran the saw one day. It wasn't right. It was the saw I ordered and was tight for coin when it came in and didn't want to spend the money at that moment so I told my buddy go snatch it up.

That is crazy. That would make my skin crawl to see a saw WOT in no wood for a tank of fuel. But maybe I'm unnecessarily sensitive

Im the same. I don't like to just rev trucks or anything up with no load on the motor. My diesel mechanic was fixing my last chipper and ran it wide open without the disc spinning for a few minutes and it gave me the willies. I don't know why? I guess I am quirky. I despise when guys start a saw from cold engine and just hold the trigger with no mercy to warm it up. I like to burp em and rev em up easy.

I don't mind going hard on a cold saw, cuz they warm up quick and I don't think it really hurts them in any way. But overall I'm quirky about machinery, I hate to beat on it, any machinery. I drive rental cars easy:/:

Back