Stump grinding tips/ tricks/ tools.

Butch, can't argue there, but let me catch up on some bills so I can get a bigger truck. ;)

Jim, thanks, I think there was an old church across the road.

It was a mellow job, lots of 420 friendly people I got a contact high. Afterwards I got 5 cheeseburgers.

Here's a picture of her maiden voyage.

This thing is all about access.

9c769f39b6178f0da46e0f6812a47162.jpg

Raj,

I think Butch meant the video length.

Nice to see it working, you've done a good job with it. Seems to grind about the same speed as my old 13hp.

Still can't see how you prefer those handle bars though, less effort with the Dosko/Rayco type I reckon.

Nice going Deva, looks like it'll pay for itself in no time.

Ahhh, well, same problem, old computer and old smart phone, no video editors...

Steve, must be preference. I like that I can get my body in there and lean into it to move it side to side. But I am seriously considering putting a straight bar across bumped up a bit higher. I'm not sure if it was the particular rentals I had, but those Dosko's killed my arms. At any rate, I have only 10.5hp on it. Thanks!

Nice pic Deva!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Go Deva, AM, FTW!
Go Peter, (what's its name?), FTW!
How are the vibrations? I wonder is a piece of plywood would make it less work to swing it back and forth. The handlebar Dosko has a wheel brake so it would pivot. You've probably seen that.

Thanks Sean. I wear anti-vibration gloves and I have pipe insulation siliconed to the handles. Vibration is not bad at all. Yeah, I need to get a brake going myself.

You'll find some hockey nets around here. My hometown won the 'hockeyville' comp this year. Lumby BC.

Awesome you're cranking some stumps out with that unit Peter. Even better you made it yourself.

Steve, must be preference. I like that I can get my body in there and lean into it to move it side to side. But I am seriously considering putting a straight bar across bumped up a bit higher. I'm not sure if it was the particular rentals I had, but those Dosko's killed my arms.
My buddy has the little Vermeer SC130. It's a pain to work with but it does the job. Slowly...
The best position for the handle bar to not kill your arms is near your waist height. You still have plenty of leg's power but you reduce the lever on the arms, so there is less strain on them. That's still a hard work though.

My buddy has the little Vermeer SC130. It's a pain to work with but it does the job. Slowly...
The best position for the handle bar to not kill your arms is near your waist height. You still have plenty of leg's power but you reduce the lever on the arms, so there is less strain on them. That's still a hard work though.

i wish i could put green teeth on my sc 130

That's why I'm avoiding that!

Edit: in my area most people are happy just to have the stump low enough to have some grass grow over it. People around here don't have/don't want to spend that money.

Back