Striking the balance

pete mctree

Treehouser
I am having a really difficult time contract climbing at the moment. I work for a range of companies that run with radically different ethos. Company 1 requires zero damage @ any time. If there is a 5% chance of bad bounce the lower it & time frames are expansive ( guy stands there & freaks out if I cross the line). Company 2 is wild - damage is expected & timeframes are minuscule - hammer time. Company 3 is the worst - same time frame as company 2, with the constraints of company 1.
I find it hard to switch between. I know I need to push hard & make money every day, but how do you all cope with one day wearing handcuffs & the next smashing it out?
I have a limited choice of companies to work from & I am at the point of loosing it with some of them as I just need to get on & do my job & earn as we all do

That's all part and parcel of being a contract climber... every treeco is gonna be different. A great contract climber can learn to adapt or choose to kick them to the curb. It's your call... that's the beauty of it.

Back