Stein Arbor Trolley Review - Full Video

I wonder if I could use a AT in conjuction with my mini? Maybe I could move even more material in one shot in some instances.

I'd go for a curved skid plate instead of the big washer on the bottom, but it would drive prices up.

there's not room for the wheel, really, unless you were to bolt it on a swivel, a la a trailer jack, maybe. You can't lose clearance with brush. Logs and rounds, yes.

i really want one, but i cant afford it and i cant seem to convince my boss that we need one. so, i decided to make one. it isnt nearly as heavy duty or compact as the real deal, but it gets the job done, and it only cost $150 and 4 hours to slam it out. most expensive parts were the wheels at $25 each.

welding up the rack portion out of 1" conduit
IMG_0570.jpg
finished. the frame is conduit channel. all in all im pleased with how it turned out
IMG_0572.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If I knew how to make a pickup truck I wouldn't have paid $18k for one!

I hope that holds up Jamie! I abuse the shit out of mine..

Really cool Jamie.

Second on the gussets.

I like the width, if you have the space. Under 36"?

Once you (the boss) sees how much work it saves, especially on downhills and flats, maybe the boss will see the need for a light duty, and a heavy duty. I put a madrone (our densest wood, probably 5k/ green cord) log on the AT at the end with the boxer, and the other end in the grapple. It was NOT light. AT didn't care, really. I cut the log to load it one end at a time, as I couldn't make a turn with it- about 16 feet long.

With light brush and flat ground, you can extend up the sides, too.

i do plan on adding gussets at some point, also fenders for the wheels. slight oversight on my part put the wheels a bit inside the cargo area. it is 32" wide overall.

I've had a solid wall idea for gear and raking s. Hinged to fold flat. 1/4 inch ply??? You'd need a longer axle.
Bottom and two sides. No ends. Maybe 5' long. Sorta make a wagon. One big load of gear out and back, rather than 5 small trips. A big load of rakings.

I might use my little trailer's clamp on trailer jack as a third wheel. A few minutes to bolt it on for a hardened surface job site.

A drawback of the AT is that you can't lift the handle far before the brush tips drag out the back. I thought the plywood bottom, if a bit heavier than 1/4" might help hold the back end up a bit. I try to build a solid brush foundation to avoid this drag out the back, then load it super full. A bit of finesse loading helps a ton, especially when on grass or rough ground. Hardened surfaces take way less effort, as with age-old dragging.

Back