Stein Arbor Trolley Review - Full Video

That was great.
Poking fun at those stupid skaters.

Uphill towing behind pick-up. Comm units helped to coordinate a lot. There was a switchback to manuveur with a pulley redirect part way up the pull, then another turn up on the pavement, with a tow up to the chipping area.
ae3637a9480df546424503455be4b696.jpg
7d0c19c9b54692a24114a4f10424aac8.jpg

BMS Belay Spool for size comparison to small POW
2324f98e564e0385030d279e82c48de0.jpg

Now that's what I'm talking about. I am mildly amused by the Wheelbarrow Trick video but, I like what we get paid to do and figure out our 'tricks.' Sean was BS used for a function with trolly there? Nice picture info..

I used the POW for the rope. That is just a comparison picture. The POW was superior there, as it had the cleats to fix the rope in place.

I always go for the BS over the Porty in the tree, whether top-roping or negative blocking/ topping.

We had a short "stroke" on the pull, because the driveway turned. The rope was 150'. If I had 225' rope (knot to join two ropes would have been between pulleys), I could have put another pulley up top, and done a continuous straight pull with the truck on the straight away, stopping to unhook the pulleys and turn the load at two places, getting directly to the chipper. Instead we had to pull 30-40', chock cart, or let it tip back and let the tips hold the cart, back the truck up to the top of the hill, tightened the rope, and pulled again.

This was a very steep hill that might have been questionable with the loader. I definitely could have gotten it down the hill, but maybe not back up. That would have been a PITA. The customer was paying hourly for pruning/ little removals. More material from removals kept being added. I think we took 4-6 loads out up the hill, one or two being firewood.

Thats great. This type of situation is what will most likely be the thing that will have me want to buy the Trolly. Thanks for all the effort to document and explain.

Thats great. This type of situation is what will most likely be the thing that will have me want to buy the Trolly. Thanks for all the effort to document and explain.

IF you have more open spaces, a wider brush cart is a good option. I work in a lot of narrow paths/ gates, etc.

Money well spent.

Grab a couple extra "ring-pin" dohickeys for the wheels. They can pop off when dumping the cart over and dragging it out from underneath the pile a bit. No problem so far for me.

PVC makes great extensions for the stakes.

Back