Stand Up Climbing Systems

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Think of a GRCS or Hobbs device strapped to a tree.

Well this system's a powered winch spool strapped to the base of a tree, that's remotely controlled by the climber hanging from the end of the unit's line/rope/hose like a spider.

An unimpeded work zone all around you, except directly above you.

The ideal embodiment for this system is obviously mounted onto a telescoping hydrocrane's pulley.

But it can be adapted to individual trees, with its own onboard generator powering the electrical components.

This system's ability to place all the weighty needs of a powered climbing system out of your lap and strapped to the base of the tree. Freeing up the climber to redirect anywhere in the tree they choose, light as a feather comparatively.

My pneumatic handshears weigh about 2.5 lbs, the trimsaw about 4 lbs. both together less than my 200T.

This mode of climbing is most assuredly geared toward the fine pruning market of this biz, no doubt.

My down n dirty prototype will be ready soon. But the deluxe commercial prototype with all the bells n whistles will take longer, due to getting the custom polyester rope jacket spun onto a 3/4 inch OD airhose. It ain't cheap, but it can be done.

Yup, push button up n down, loppers, chainsaws, reciprocating saws, drills. The woiks!

My first powered spool will simply tape an airhose to a TrueBlue climbing line to form one two part line. Not optimum of course, but will certainly prove the efficacy and benefits of the system.

Jomo

That's a crazy sounding system for sure. Different trees different market it sounds like. I love to prune a tree, but I won't lie. Killings my bread and butter.

Everything else is becoming automated and mechanized.

If the system's not considerably better and more productive?

It should fail.

I'll document the results in this thread either way.

Few of you guys have ever experienced the exhilaration of high speed push button handshears pruning in a tree. Far faster and effortless than pruning with a razor sharp handsaw.

Jomo

I've never used them. I've seen guys pruning with them on the ground and the whole set up though. Seems very specialized to me to high end pruning.

I used to sub quite a bit to a lawn and 'tree' company. The owner had a few trucks set up with those systems.

Yeah, Maibo or Compagnolia out of Italy developed these pneumatic tools for vineyard pruning. One tractor dragging 6 compressor outlet stations for 6 workers walking down each row pruning like mad.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vJJHhzi1-6I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>)

At 120 psi they cut right up to capacity with no problem other than spitting stubs a considerable distance ith enough velocity to do damage.

Jomo

Don't know for sure, but doubt it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XdUIn_CLiII?list=UUkBCIiKp8qCfb5nqStxGMgA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>)

Jomo

Back